Reasons to Stay: Top 5
5. The chance to observe Chengdu's summer fashions. From middle-aged men showing off their stomach paunch in rolled-up wife beaters to shorter shorts than you ever imagined.
4. Sweating has never felt so good. Don't even bother with the antiperspirant: You'll be sweating out of pores you didn't know existed.
3. Being able to sit on the terraces of your favorite hangouts rather than suffocating inside. We won't point any elbows, but it's nice to sit and have a chat over a drink in a public place without returning home with your ears ringing and your clothes reeking.
2. Peaches, plums, mangos, loquats, lychees, and more mangos. Become the fruit-tang clan: Fruit with yogurt, fruit smoothies, fruit parfait, frozen fruit, fruit-sicles, fruit beer, fruit, fruit, fruit for the home team.
1. All ways out cost more than what's left in your bank account. Time to find a new job. In the meantime, enjoy the pandas.
Reasons to Get Out: Top 5
5. Say hello to the mosquitoes ... and goodbye to a full night's sleep. Whether they're buzzing around your ears or biting your toes, you'll be reminded constantly of their presence.
4. Not enough venues to slurp free AC from. Unless you want to spend your days roaming around shopping malls or parking yourself in front of the AC unit at your local Wowo.
3. There's better ice cream to be had elsewhere. Like Metallica said: Sad, but true.
2. Hazardous rainstorms, lightning, and flash flooding. Sometimes little more than an inconvenience that makes you arrive drenched when you're supposed to be dressed to impress; other times, scary, dangerous, and deadly.
1. What's that smell? 'Nuff said.