Best place to see in Sichuan

Posted in: Forums > Travel Sichuan • 14 posts • NewestRSS

• Mushu
    April 23, 2009
    6 posts

Ever since arriving here in February, I have not had the chance to check out a lot of the places in Sichuan. The ones I HAVE checked out have been a bit disappointing and touristy. Sichuan is well known for its historical and cultural background and I want to see the best of Sichuan before I leave again.

Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably something that doesn't require a fortune and 2 weeks of time... weekend trips would be awesome.

• huajiao
    April 27, 2009
    4 posts

Where have you already been? I went to Emei Shan and enjoyed it. There were quite a few tourists, but that got balanced out by the monkey gangs.

• Mushu
    April 28, 2009
    6 posts

I'm planning on hiking that one sometime in the next couple of months. I heard its phenomenal!

• magentalisted
    May 4, 2009
    60 posts

Personally I liked Luodai when I went there. You can get there from Xinnanmen Station. I think it costs around 11 yuan and about 40 minutes to get there. Lots of good food, etc.

• iraglassismyhero
    May 10, 2009
    99 posts

my favorite secret place is mengdingshan (蒙顶山). it's a tea mountain in between chengdu and ya'an, closest to ya'an. you can take a bus from xinnanmen bus station to mengdingshan city, then ask for the van that'll take you up the mountain. i think the bus is around 30 kuai and the van is like 5 or 10 kuai. there are numerous inns around the mountain; if you go when it's not during a public holiday, you wouldn't even need to book in advance. you have to buy a ticket (like everywhere now) once you get about two thirds up the mountain if you want to go any further. this is where the van will drop you off. most of the inns are before this point, and last time i saw at least one pricey but really nice looking one after this point. there you can hike up or take a cable car further up the mountain. there are restaurants and teahouses all over. around the peak, there are miles and miles of hiking paths. you can find little temples and memorials at intervals on the paths. i highly recommend the tea, the mountain mushrooms and eggs fried with tea leaves, they are super yummy! in the last three years, mengdingshan has been undergoing some obvious tourism development, but it's still got a lot of it's pre-development flavor, especially in terms of how many people go there, which is what i like best: it's peaceful! even during the october holiday (we went last year) we weren't beating off crowds.

enjoy! :)

• invisible
    August 27, 2009
    1534 posts

Chengdoo Citylife Magazine No. 26 July Issue has a Top 5 must list. Jiuzhaigou National Park, Panda Research Base, Sanxingdui Museum, Zigong Dinosaur Museum and Leshan Giant Buddha.

• Monster
    August 1, 2010
    8 posts

Western Sichuan is the BEST!!! lol
    loved it there!!!!

• Yeming
    November 29, 2010
    50 posts

Tibet Area, Ganzi Autonomous Prefecture. and Dege printblock house. also Seda(Serthar) Larung Gar Monastery

• Dewode
    January 4, 2011
    5 posts

tibetan area of sichuan....MY hometown Muli....

• linggyval
    April 17, 2011
    1 post

I would suggest to try Wo Long. Not sure whats it alike nowadays, it used to be really beautiful and not so many tourists around. If you are lucky, you may see couple of pandas around. :-)

• TIKTAK
    April 22, 2011
    1 post

Suggest Hai Luo Gou (海螺沟)

• invisible
    November 2, 2011
    1534 posts

ok, I take that zigong dinosaur museum off the list again

• invisible
    December 2, 2013
    1534 posts

Seda/ Larung Gar Yeming mentioned by Yeming

http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/3016/litang_horse_festival

• manik
    December 16, 2013
    3 posts

If you like Hiking, niubeishan is a good place to go in Sichuan . Its not as popular as other tourist locations like jiuzhaiguo and Leshan, but has great views of floating clouds .

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.