music store?

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 19 posts • NewestRSS

• listentospoon
    May 29, 2009
    15 posts

i'm looking for a high end electronic-music store. i'm particularly interested in things like korg or roland keyboards and effects pedals/processors, turntables and the like.

anything around?

• invisible
    May 29, 2009
    1534 posts

Try the DJ Studio near Chunxi Lu, Dongda Shangye Guangchang Room 513, corner Hongxing Lu. 81280830, 13518186382 or get on the cab and ask the driver to take you to DAFA and he will get you to an area near the city center, with a dozen shops that have equipment.

• gavinski
    June 19, 2009
    6 posts

you should be able to find these kind of things around the music university near xin nan men bus station.

• invisible
    September 17, 2009
    1534 posts

@gavinski
    yes you can find instruments like keyboards, pianos, drums, bass, guitars and effect pedals etc for instruments, but not dj equipment afaik.

• justcharlie
    September 26, 2009
    8 posts

there isn't a place that sells that stuff in chengdu. either buy out of town, order on taobao, or have someone else order the equipment for you (like the dj studio) and pay a small premium.

• invisible
    December 25, 2009
    1534 posts

@charlie
    yes there is, just go to DAFA they have some stuff on display on a lot they can get shipped.

• LF_Aristotle69
    January 7, 2010
    35 posts

Hey invisible. I'll be interested in buying a Bass Guitar, and learning how to play it. Where do you recommend I look for a low-mid range bass guitar?

What road is that Music Uni on? Will that be the area to get the best price?

Cheers,

LFA
    PS. I'll probably teach myself... but then, that's what I said about the 6 string I bought in Hangzhou a couple of years ago too... but, I think bass is more my thing...

• Taobao FOCUS
    July 1, 2010
    1 post

to buy from Taobao you can go through Taobao FOCUS
    http://taobaofocus.com

• NeoWang
    July 1, 2010
    8 posts

FYI, about the Music Uni, their main entrance is on a small road called Longjianglu, which is located opposite of the Xin nan men bus station. You may find some studios there.

Also, I believe the south entrance of the Music Uni is much easier to find, it is located on the 1st ring road, between Moziqiao and Jiuyanqiao, about 300 meters away from Moziqiao. I noticed there are also some studios selling keyboard/guitar kind of stuff near the south entrance, right on the 1st ring road.

• xoxoivy
    July 26, 2010
    3 posts

just go to "music street"

its like by the institution of music(whatever it's called...)

there are tons of music stores over therrre

• Shyienemo Cheung
    August 19, 2010
    10 posts

by the 1st Ring Road around the Music University.

• Paulie
    August 31, 2010
    31 posts

Sorry, I also posted this in another thread. Where would be the best place to look for audio equipment for a home hi-fi system. I'm looking for a decent quality amp and speakers with a budget of 5000RMB.

• invisible
    August 31, 2010
    1534 posts

@Paulie
    Get on the cab and tell the driver to take you to "DAFA". Should take you to 桂王桥, where you can find several shops selling PAs, but you could also order equipment of all sorts. Speakers&amps should be cheaper than imports, but not necessarily electronics (cd-players, decks, mixers).

• Paulie
    September 2, 2010
    31 posts

thanks invisible.

I'm looking for foreign brand equipment if possible. mission, b&w, tannoy, rotel etc.

I'm wary of buying fakes, are there places at DAFA that sell genuine stereo equipment?

• MutilatorAP
    August 26, 2011
    2 posts

Hello. Where in Kunming I could buy accessories for drums such as drum pedals (and double drum pedals. Prefer yamaha, pearl, tama but it is not necessary), drum sticks and so on?
    I'm really in need for this.

• invisible
    August 26, 2011
    1534 posts

@mutilatorap
    maybe you should give www.gokunming.com a try

• MutilatorAP
    August 27, 2011
    2 posts

Do you mean search? I haven't found it. I really need help about this...

• chaos123
    April 27, 2012
    1 post

@MutilatorAP, why not buy from www.smalltao.com. These items are high quality, it is in English version, you can find different sellers from there and buy items at cheapest prices. Have a try!

• dawm123
    May 7, 2012
    2 posts

You can also look online, might be able to find.You can go to this site to look for
    smalltao.com

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.