Salsa dancing in Chengdu?

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 32 posts • NewestRSS

• ruishiren
    July 12, 2009
    1 post

Is there a place to dance Salsa in Chengdu?

• Funty
    August 18, 2009
    4 posts

Erm... I think they some sort of Salsa dance night at Carols Too on Renmin nan lu on Wednesday. Walk north from the Shamrock to get to the bar.

• invisible
    August 27, 2009
    1534 posts

There used to be lesson's at Carol's Too, but last time checking it seems they stopped it. I've heard they have lessons in a school on top of the Great Wall Shopping Center (next to the Tongzilin Carrefour). Anyways I probably hook up a Latin night with Salsa/Merengue in September at Xiongmao. Watch this space.

• invisible
    December 25, 2009
    1534 posts

Looks like the Salsa lessons are back on at Carol's (although the location moved).

• cyche
    January 4, 2010
    4 posts

Salsa dancing Wednesdays at Carol's Too new location just East of the Boat by the river and Saturdays at Ban Da Mi ni Bar close to 1st ring road. Both locations starts at 9 p.m.

• LF_Aristotle69
    January 7, 2010
    35 posts

invisible, and others, are the lessons at Carol's suitable for beginners?

I'm very interested in learning some Latin dancing, but will be basically be starting from scratch.

Where else could I get beginner's lessons. What are the costs? I know some places give free lessons to guys...

LFA

• LF_Aristotle69
    January 7, 2010
    35 posts

Here's the link to "Carol's by the river".

http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/listings/item/car_25615/

But, I gather they've moved to a new location, or do they have 2 locations now? Is the map shown in the link for the old location???

LFA

• cyche
    January 30, 2010
    4 posts

Carol's has two locations, one at Jin Li street and the new one called Carol's By the River, just East of the building that looks like a boat. Only dancing at these locations, lessons are available next to Carrefour South. When you come dancing, just for to see the best dancers on the floor. My teacher is a male Chinese guy from Beijing. A great dancer!!!! Ask for someone who speaks English, there's plenty of us there.

• invisible
    February 17, 2010
    1534 posts

The Carol's in Jin Li is more of a cafe than bar, so I guess any action if at all should be found at the one next to the river (carol's moved liked 5 times or so since it opened).

• mem916
    April 5, 2010
    5 posts

I am in Chengdu until April 15th and hoping to find someplace to dance. I heard there was a monday place, is it shut down?
    Please if you could email me the current dance schedule along with addresses or websites I would really appreciate it!
    mcmillen.mark@gmail.com Thanks!!!

• invisible
    April 5, 2010
    1534 posts

As said before Carol's by the river every Wednesday. If you really desperate the lounge at the first floor of the Intercontinental Hotel has a new trio from Cartagena, Colombia "Karibe". They play Tuesday to Sunday if I'm not wrong.

• mem916
    April 6, 2010
    5 posts

Thanks for the update. I got an email about a place called "Carlos Riverside" for Tuesdays and Thursdays but no address was given and I cannot find it on the internet so now I'm wondering if he didn't simply miss-spell "Carol's" but then why Tuesday and Thursday if it is only a Wednesday night salsa club? I guess I'll have to decide whether to take a chance on the Intercontinental, or take a chance and go to Carol's tonight and tomorrow night.

• mem916
    April 6, 2010
    5 posts

Well here I am at the Intercontinental. The band is not bad but there's nobody to dance with!

• invisible
    April 7, 2010
    1534 posts

It's on Wednesday at Carol's by the river, why don't you believe me. You could have danced with the band's singer Rosa:)

• mem916
    April 7, 2010
    5 posts

I would have but she was busy singing! By the way I am at Carol's tonight and they HAVE changed their schedule to Tuesdays and Thursdays! Tonight is "Ladies Night" Hope to see all you Chengdu Salseras & Salseros out tomorrow night!

• meigui
    April 10, 2010
    2 posts

mem916

What songs did karibe play? Was all of it salsa?

Our salsa club is really fun and "hard core". Join us next week for class and meet some of us. You can later go out dancing after Tuesday or Thursday class.

• mem916
    April 11, 2010
    5 posts

Hi Meigui,

I would not recommend Karibe for dancing (Intercontinental) The floor is stone and it will either be to slippery or to sticky depending on if anybody spills drinks. I made it to Carol's on Thursday and to Milky last night. Someone told me that there will be a "Special Salsa Party" tonight (Sunday night) for the visitors from Shanghai. There was no class at Carols when I went there on Thursday. I'll be there on Tuesday as well. I've really enjoyed dancing here in Chengdu. People have been very nice!

Mark

• invisible
    May 26, 2010
    1534 posts

Yes Carol's just switched to Tuesdays and Thursdays a day after I double-checked with them. Anyone has checked it out? Since it's week days I never make it, one day I will.

• miko_cohen
    August 15, 2010
    13 posts

Hey I will be in Chengdu in about tow - two and a half weeks are there any updates about the salsa locations?

• hapatofu
    August 15, 2010
    149 posts

Carol's and Kempinski Hotel are where it's at now apparently.

• 3li4s
    August 15, 2010
    6 posts

Was playing bass at Jah bar on a Thursday and saw the salsa live in action at Carol's. I hip shuffle forward and back and swing my partner at the right time and everyone thinks I know what I'm doing. suckers! granted I couldn't get away with that in Ecuador...

• miko_cohen
    September 9, 2010
    13 posts

I am in Chengdu now and I would like to know if there is a salsa party tonight at carol's? And if so, where is this place?

• Sasharella
    November 25, 2010
    1 post

Hello! I will be also so pleasure to know about Salsa places)

• Dewode
    January 4, 2011
    5 posts

want to learn Salsa and Flamenco

• Hiros
    March 8, 2011
    2 posts

Cha Lounge @Intercontinental Hotel has live music every day?
    And we can dance salsa ??

• invisible
    March 8, 2011
    1534 posts

@hiros

I think that cha lounge is over for a long time now.

• Summer_Yan
    March 13, 2011
    1 post

Just came back from Shanghai and want to learn Salsa dancing. Does anybody here know any training school in Chengdu?

• Hiros
    March 14, 2011
    2 posts

I can teach salsa basic when i visit on Chengdu 29th Tue MAR
    @Calros. I will stay 28 to 30th MAR but no salsa spots in chengdu on Mon and Wed.

• Rasta
    March 29, 2011
    2 posts

I will come to chengdu from 3rd - 10th of april 2011. I love salsa dancing and would like to dance much as possible in this week!

If you know, would you please post actual salsa dance places in chengdu here?!

• milonguera
    March 29, 2011
    4 posts

anybody dances argentine tango?

• rich6197
    September 26, 2011
    1 post

Argentine Tango or Salsa?

Are there any places in Chengdu having these dances?

• vikoluz
    January 4, 2012
    3 posts

I'm a girl from Argentina and tango dancer. Tango in Chengdu is very new. At the end of 2011 was opened the first milonga! but the place and the days change!

So if you are interested to learn tango or participate in the next milonga you can write me for more information or ask in 人民南路四段10号华川饭店,奥体中心4. Teacher Fu give class there every tuesday and thursday!
    cu!

email: vicoluz@hotmail.com

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.