Appartment Hunt

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 8 posts • NewestRSS

• jprnr
    September 10, 2010
    7 posts

Hi everybody,

I just arrived in Chendgu and I am planning on staying for a year or so to study Mandarin, maybe at SWUFE and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to find and rent an apartment. Also if you could recommend some good areas of town to live in. I'd rather live closer to downtown than out near SWUFE and i dont care about living in an expat area, a nice chinese neighbourhood would be good as well.

Thanks a lot for any help,

Jordan

• jane_v
    September 11, 2010
    43 posts

try the current issue of CHENGDOO Magazine for tips:
    http://www.chengdoo-magazine.com/

available in foreigner-frequented bars, restaurants, hotels, cafes, etc. or as a pdf download at the link above.

you might try looking around the xi'an nan lu/qintai lu areas. that's about halfway between swufe and downtown (chunxi lu area) and a 15-minute bus ride from either. there are a handful of nice residential complexes around there too.

• jprnr
    September 11, 2010
    7 posts

thanks a lot for the suggestions. that is the sort of area I had been thinking, good to know its realistic.

this might be a bit of a stupid question, but is there any chance i'd find any english speaking real estate agents, or am I going to have to try and magically negotiate this whole thing in my yet-to-exist mandarin?

realistically will I have to find someone who speaks mandarin and english to help me?

• sinro
    September 29, 2010
    30 posts

give this guy a call. He's a real estate agent that speaks english and can send you offer by email:

Sean Yang 13699477027

• colas
    October 13, 2010
    8 posts

Helo everybody,

I study at sichuan university untill july 2011.
    My parents and my sister come to visit me in december ( from the 15th of december untill the 3rd of January 2011).

They come from france, i am looking for renting a flat for three people in chengdu during these two weeks.

I asked many renting agencies but they don't offer flat for only two weeks.

That's the reason, i wanted to know if some of you wanted to "under rent" it's flat from 15th december to 3rd of january.

Please, contact me a colaslemoine@hotmail.fr

Thanks a lot for your help/advices!

• woody
    October 13, 2010
    4 posts

hey colas,

if you're looking for short-term apartment rental in chengdu, check out;

www.hakkahomes.com

hope that helps.

• colas
    October 13, 2010
    8 posts

HEY,
    This website seems perfect! Thanks a lot !

• Fiona Chan
    October 14, 2010
    1 post

Hi everyone,

For friends who are seeking for accomodation and Mandarin teacher at the same time, have you ever considered about living with a local family with you own private bedroom and bathroom?

Here is a perfect chance!

Four fully furnished bedrooms in a premium three-storied apartment are now available:

· Convenient transportation: 5 min's walking distance to bus stops, Bus 68 and 3 directly to City Centre in 15 minutes; 10 min's walking distance to Sichuan University, which offers the best Mandarin Learning Program in Chengdu;

· Top community: tennis court, supermarkets, laundry, hairdressing salons, and clinic available

· Nice and helpful family: "Dad" Charlie, who is a communication pro and is able to offer standard Mandarin practicing, "Mom" Linda, and "Daughter" Fiona, who is a bilingual

· Price ranges from $15 to $30 per night (US dollars) including all Internet access, linen, power, water, and equipment usage

If you are interested, please contact: zhuofiona@hotmail.com

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.