PS3 : where & how

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 8 posts • NewestRSS

• sinro
    October 11, 2010
    30 posts

I'm thinking of buying a Playstation 3, but i'm worried about the compatability with english games. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Can you buy english games in Chengdu or only the chinese versions? Does the console have a setting for English? Can I have games sent from Europe and will they work? How much does a PS3 cost in China?

thanks

• MARC X
    October 14, 2010
    13 posts

Computer Market or a Game Shop ((West on the Computer Market street next to a pantie shop)).

The PS3's are from Japan with an Asian configuration (( O = Confirm instead of X )) but it works fine with all games. I bought mine here and have been enjoying old and new releases for a while. No worries.

If you need help getting it, let me know :o) I'll use the occasion to buy a new game hehe. By the way, the price is just like in America, don't expect to pay less.

• sinro
    October 17, 2010
    30 posts

Never mind then, i'm not going to pay $300 for a PS3 in China :s

• clayuk
    October 17, 2010
    120 posts

you dont need to buy the disc's in Chengdu. You can go to many places where they will install the game on a hard-drive for 10rmb

• sinro
    October 27, 2010
    30 posts

But how about the console itself? Can it be set to English and will it work with online gaming in Europe?

• clayuk
    October 27, 2010
    120 posts

There is a shop near Trust Mart....just before Century City on the first Ring road. Near Yulin

• MARC X
    October 28, 2010
    13 posts

Yep, you can set it to English and it works online no problem. Of course, make sure you have a good connection though, we are in China afterall.

If you're planning to frag some fools, the connection speed might make you cry 'CHEAT' more then once.

• sinro
    November 14, 2010
    30 posts

I decided to buy one.
    Does anybody know the exact price and a good place to buy (with service in case it breaks down, always seems to happen to me)?

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.