ANT >> Movers

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 2 posts • NewestRSS

• MARC X
    October 14, 2010
    13 posts

ANT or ANTs I am unsure, anyways. The Yellow and blue trucks that move stuff around the city.

I moved recently and had a really REALLY bad experience with the ANT movers. I thought I would share and save people some trouble and possible grief.

First off, not all ANT movers are assholes, I used them in the past and everything went fine (Probably cuz I had 5 box and one plant). If you have more then that however, be on your guard.

They told me we could deal the price, ok cool. They offered a lower price then the girl had said on the phone so, super. But to do so, no signing official papers. My mistake #1.

They didn't move what I wanted them to move first (The big stuff). Instead, they moved all the little things. Which brings me to my next point... Mistake #2.

Once it was time to move the big stuff (Bed, TV, Couch) They stopped and asked for more money (The same amount, once more). Well, being stubborn, I told them to go FU%^ themselves. YAY me :o) But I was stuck with a half-move, boo me!

In the end, some great friends came and got me the help I needed (VIVA the 3-WHEELERS!) and I was moved.

The lesson: When it's too good to be true, it usually is. SIGN the damn paper first. And you can also validate with the company by phone what exactly you need moved AND once the movers show up to your place, call the company again and have them validate what the movers are saying.

I just learned: This happened also to a good friend of mine recently. She was pregnant and the ANT movers just left her there with the stuff unmoved. Seriously, what a bunch of assholes!

• Dragon Expeditions
    October 19, 2010
    174 posts

Hmm, I'll second that one. We had them move office for us a few years ago with a more or less identical experience, except they also turned up at 4pm instead of 12noon as promised and so after the fastest — but most inefficient — loading of furniture and boxes I've ever seen, they refused to repack it so that at least half of it would fit in because they weren't licensed to be on the roads during rush hour and it would take too long to pack properly. Likewise resorted to telling them to go FU%^ themselves and moved it ourselves.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.