Chengdu vacation

Posted in: Forums > Study • 3 posts • NewestRSS

• xiuxiu
    October 14, 2010
    2 posts

Hi there! I'm new here.

My family and I are going to Chengdu during the Christmas season, I was wondering if there's anyone who could give me advices on the places that we can visit during our stay. I will appreciate any answer as all I know is how beautiful the place is since Chengdu was my <a href="http://www.mightystudents.com/">essay topic</a> in one of assignments, so might as well discover and prove it to myself.

Thanks a lot! :) Have a great day everyone!

• Max JG
    October 14, 2010
    7 posts

AH....Chengdu.....

If you are looking for abundance of beauty within the city, you may have to say pack it in to the whole trip. On a good day (their are very few of those) the sky is okay. Most days, a gray cloak of pollution, honking of horns, and hotpot restaurant smoke, covers the within the three ring roads of Chengdu.

If it is a vacation you want, you may think about spending most of your time in Sichuan's north and west, in my opinion. Chengdu is a transportation hub to some of the most beautiful places on planet earth.

Here are some places I've been and would be willing to wholeheartedly recommend.

1. Leshan (Tourist big Buddha is always a thrill)

2. Emei Shan (Climb it if you wish, but know there are buses all the way to the summit. Make sure to stay a night on the summit, it is truly amazing to wake up at 5 in the morning and see the clouds reach over the mountains :))

3. Jiuzhaigou (Other than the expensive ticket(s) into the park and the bus ride from Chengdu, it is genuinely one of the most beautiful places in China. The Tibetan minorities are really interesting in the surrounding areas.

Good Luck !

• xiuxiu
    October 15, 2010
    2 posts

Wow! Thanks so much Max JG! Will tell my parents about it! I appreciate your reply very much! :)

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.