traditional Christmas dinner at which restaurant

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 16 posts • NewestRSS

• Canadian teacher
    October 19, 2010
    9 posts

We are looking for a restaurant which serves a traditional western Christmas dinner. The location in Chengdu isn't that important. What is important is that the meal is of turkey with all the trimmings and is worth the money which we will pay. There will be at least 10 of us partaking in the meal.

Can anyone give us suggestions? We realize it is early, however we don't want to miss out.

• MARC X
    October 21, 2010
    13 posts

Hum, good luck!

Been here for 3 years and haven't found that yet. They have chicken though ;o) Maybe one of the more expensive places like Shangrila might do it, not sure. Worth checking though.

• invisible
    October 21, 2010
    1534 posts

Not sure if Peter's Tex Mex does it, but Leana's Bakery def has a traditional meal for x-mas and thanksgiving, both rather cheap.

• MARC X
    October 28, 2010
    13 posts

Leana's Bakery??? Where's that?

• gaz36f
    October 28, 2010
    15 posts

The Underground Bar and Restaurant (which has only very recently started selling food) will be doing a full Christmas dinner (Turkey and trimmings). The head chef is excellent and has a fantastic portfolio having been sous chef at a number of 5* hotels.

Moreover, you can also get fish and chips, pie and chips, beef and red wine casserole, chilli-con-carne and much more - all day, everyday.

Hope this helps.

• Paulie
    October 29, 2010
    31 posts

I've been to the kempinski and crowne plaza with a large crowd over the last two years. Both were excellent, buffet style with turkey, ham, stuffing and all the trimmings. The also had an excellent selection of cheese, seafood and other nibbles and was well worth the price i paid. If only i could remember how much that was, somewhere in the region of 160 i think...

• spandolf
    November 12, 2010
    5 posts

It's true Kempinsky buffet is usually good and they had real bread (not sweet)

Also, the waitresses were the best in Chengdu at looking good in Father Christmas hats :)

• spandolf
    November 12, 2010
    5 posts

Where is The Underground Bar and Restaurant ?

If it's underground I will probably not be able to see it.

• anjie
    November 13, 2010
    23 posts

Last year some friends and I went to the Shangrila for their buffet for Thanksgiving. It's one of the best buffets I've ever been to (definitely best in China, but it's up there as far as buffets back home go). They usually on holidays have turkey or something special - you can call ahead to find out! A bit pricey (150-200 I think for the holidays), but it's worth it.

• emilyusa
    November 23, 2010
    8 posts

Underground is located around the corner from East gate at Sichuan University. Walk towards the thai place and keep walking until you see China Merchant Bank, turn left and than walk to the guard there, take a right and go through the tunnel, and underground is located in that square. Its also near sicilia

• invisible
    November 29, 2010
    1534 posts

Leanna's Bakery has a "Traditional Christmas Meal" Dec 6-31
    Ham or Turkey, complete 3-course dinner RSVP, RMB 118

• clairebearuk
    December 1, 2010
    4 posts

I am thinking the christmas dinner buffets are the way to go. Does anyone know the dates for Shangri La, Kempinsky and Crowne Plaza? I would like to try them all and I may be going to a party on Christmas day. Knew Chengdu wouldn't let me down!

• gaz36f
    December 3, 2010
    15 posts

The Underground will have a 3-course Christmas Dinner with a free glass of red/white wine for 138RMB.

There will be two sittings on Saturday 25th December: from 12noon-3pm and 5pm-8pm. Places are limited so booking early is important.

The 3 courses comprise of Pumpkin Soup, Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings and Desert.

Book by calling 02885294142 or 15208262995. You can also pop into the Underground and book directly.

• sinro
    November 25, 2011
    30 posts

any news on this year's buffets in and around Chengdu?

• clayuk
    November 26, 2011
    120 posts

We went too Kempinsky buffet last year 268rmb each I think. Free flowing drinks, All the trimmings. Bonus was the lobster tails.

• invisible
    December 16, 2011
    1534 posts

Check the

Events Calendar
    http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/calendar/

or

What's on Chengdu
    http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/2518/whats_on_chengdu_december_1618

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.