Charcoal or Gas BBQ

Posted in: Forums > Food & Drink • 8 posts • NewestRSS

• 1andonly
    November 21, 2010
    4 posts

does anyone know where I could get charcoals or gas grill BBQ machine ?
    I checked some of super markets, but since those are seasonal items, they were not carrying at this time. Also I think I saw an ad in some Expat magazine for Gas BBQ grill sale. I have to grill up some BBQ this holiday seasons for dinners. Please help !

• Dragon Expeditions
    November 23, 2010
    174 posts

For a charcoal BBQ getting a decent one made is a fraction the price of buying a flimsy ready made one. Most of the metal working shops should be able to knock up a decent one for under 200 yuan. How do you think the guys at the side of the road get theirs? If you really want to buy one though try somewhere like B&Q — I think they sell them all year round and are probably your only bet for gas ones?

• Dragon Expeditions
    November 23, 2010
    174 posts

Or Taobao of course

• janili
    November 25, 2010
    2 posts

At least Villa Lifestyles (http://www.villalifestyles.cn/) is advertising on expat magazines but their prices are way too high for normal person to pay in China.

I bought my gas BBQ this spring from B&Q at Hang Kong Lu (between RenMinNanLu 4 Duan and KeHua ZhongLu) and paid around RMB300 for it. Then ordering a bottle of gas and paid the deposit for the gas bottle and the whole thing was up and running for less than RMB500.

• Marky
    November 27, 2010
    90 posts

Metro is probably a bit cheaper than B&Q and if I remember rightly they are selling them still. If not B&Q is only down the road from it.

• Marky
    November 29, 2010
    90 posts

Was in Metro last night shopping and took a look.

They had a little charcoal BBQ for 189.99 and a big one (about the size of an oil drum) for 249.99RMB.

They sold big bags of charcoal for 69.99RMB (about 25kg) or little bags (about 5kg) for 30RMB. They had all the other accessories you might want to buy too.

I did snap a couple of pictures on my phone, so if you want me to email you then just send me your email address in a PM.

• Zharahk
    April 26, 2013
    5 posts

Does anyone know if any other place, besides Metro, sells the bags of charcoal?

• invisible
    April 28, 2013
    1534 posts

@zharahk

the other supermarkets like carrefour, auchan, b&q...

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.