camera shop

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 7 posts • NewestRSS

• kumakuma
    November 28, 2010
    3 posts

Hey, anyone know a reliable camera shop? I'm not looking for hi-end stuff, just a decent digital. Are there any authentic Canon or Minolta places?

• merior
    December 11, 2010
    70 posts

Try Computer City on Renmin Nan Lu as there are a wide variety of Canon and Nikon retailers there.

• Yeming
    January 2, 2011
    50 posts

hi, right now im in Holland for new year, but recently ive heard a lot about 'Computer City' and after that I google'd it and the adress was : 1st ring road, 3rd south section. Crossing Ren min nan lu 3rd and 4rd section. But I've always been to this big electronica store right on the corners of Ren min nan lu 3rd & 4rd. with 2 big buildings ? I am confused if that is Computer City ? Or if that is just another electronic centra.

"http://maps.google.com/maps?q=computer+city+chengdu&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl"

• merior
    January 2, 2011
    70 posts

Computer City - Yihuan Lu between Renmin Nan Lu and Kehua Bei Lu.

The two big buildings you refer to are just part of Computer city as it runs along Yihuan Lu as far as the next main junction.

• Yeming
    January 6, 2011
    50 posts

You mean its the whole street? Or are there like several other buildings like the 2 I refered to ? because i know that in the same section of Yi Huan Lu you refering too, there are also a lot of outdoor sport shops and I always got my tabletennis stuff there...

• merior
    January 6, 2011
    70 posts

Yes, it is the whole street.

The sports shops/outdoor gear are predominantly on the other side of the junction rather than in Yi Huan Lu.

The two principle buildings are at the Renmin Nan Lu end of Yi Huan Lu and contain a substantial number of traders in computers, cameras, GPS, software etc over about 4 to 5 floors. At the other end of Yi Huan Lu at the next junction there is at least one similar building but I have not visited it yet. The road is lined with shops selling associated products such as computer printers, cartridges etc. There is even an alley full of shops and traders running north by the foot bridge at the Renmin Nan Lu end.

• invisible
    June 3, 2012
    1534 posts

I went to a Nikon shop in Buy Now 百脑汇 at Moziqiao 磨子桥 on Kehua to buy a lens cap. They seriously wanted to charge me RMB80! and no bargaining (it's cheaper anywhere else in the world afaik). A shop on the 4th floor had them much cheaper like 20 (yes fake but equally functional imo, but don't get the supercheap stuff for 15 they fall apart from being looked at). The shop also had decent camera bags, so I got the cap and the camera bag (2 lenses) for RMB100. They also have all kind of filters and other camera equipment for sale. If it's just accessories for the non-pro it's def. worth try.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.