fixing apple mac

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 9 posts • NewestRSS

• Hammy
    January 11, 2011
    16 posts

where can you fix apple macintosh laptop in chengdu? any ideas? thanks.

• Marky
    January 11, 2011
    90 posts

Why does it need fixing? Whats broke?

• Dragon Expeditions
    January 11, 2011
    174 posts

That was going to be my question since that'll determine the answer to yours. A friend recently mailed his to Shenzhen for repair and got pretty decent service, but I expect most things could be done in Chengdu.

• DanTheMan
    January 11, 2011
    251 posts

Chengdu Xiya Telecomm Technology Co., Ltd - Apple Authorised Service Provider
    2F-D, NO.97 1st Section Renminnan Road, Chengdu, Sichuan

Chendu

Tel: 028-86661988
    Fax: 028-86651892
    Email: xinyayw2@vip.sina.com
    Web:

From: http://store.apple.com.au/asia/FMPro?-db=asiachannelweb.fp5&-format=/asia/svclocateresults.html&-lay=web&-sortfield=level&-sortfield=tradingas&viaProduct=3&country=China&-find=

• invisible
    August 18, 2011
    1534 posts

I went to a authorized apple service provider to help a lost in translation friend: Renmin Nanlu corner 1st ring road (north east corner), opposite Digital Plaza (数码广场), 9th floor. All they do is following Apple's policy, which means free of charge fixing if you paid into the app care program and charging for anything else. Even if it's just changing the battery, they would keep the computer for up to 48h (24h if you have app care), send the whole computer in (including hard drive???) to Shanghai. Altogether it'd take a whole week for a simple battery change.

To find out the computer's problem they just connect it to apple's diagnostic server and rely on the bug report only (apple's policy), basically you could do the same yourself if you've kept the original 2 apple dvds that came with your computer.

All in all pretty lame service compared to non-apple pcs. Same floor also houses the Dell and other pc service providers.

• Delibert Leomitted
    December 23, 2011
    1 post

Last comment was pretty lame, with an attitude. What do you expect from the Apple Store, other than quality Apple Store service? DUH! If you want something else GO somewhere else. Don't disparage a nice business for the sake of your own ignorance. I highly recommend this store, they are cool people and do good work.

• invisible
    December 24, 2011
    1534 posts

@delibert

Thanks for jumping in Apple's defense, they are a little DIY business and deserve any kind of community support.

@others
    The problem with the battery charging goes back to some shitty Chinese power plug. Actually quite an easy solution to the problem, but doesn't justify to give your computer away for 48h wouldn't it.

• Leigh
    June 5, 2012
    4 posts

Anybody been to an 'unofficial' Apple fixit place in Chengdu? Have a 5-yr-old macbook, yesterday it wouldn't start, looks like the logic board. Would prefer to get it repaired quickly (and hopefully for less) through unofficial channels.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

• misubi
    June 6, 2012
    28 posts

@Leigh, I went to a unofficial mac shop on the second floor of a mall in 人民中路 south of Tianfu square to replace a broken hard drive two years ago. Price was reasonable, and service good. Are you sure it's not the hard drive?

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.