The Good the Bad and the ugly Schools in Chengdu

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 57 posts • NewestRSS

• Meekael
    May 22, 2011
    40 posts

Hello, everyone. Its time again to list all the bad schools in Chengdu and reasons why. This list will be compiled and given to my very good friend at the PSB in hope of helping teachers and other expats. My experience in Chengdu has been good and bad, upon my arrival i was hounded with job opportunities and get rich scam sounding schools. After pounding through horrifying schools and jobs i was able to find a great job in a non-teaching oriented career as i do not normally teach, i want to make this list so other teachers can save themselves time and money and the emotional stress associated with being treated unfairly by insane demands and threats. This list will most likely be publish on various websites through out the civilized world and China. My view on the schools here is far from negative, there are good and bad schools. Feel free to post the Good the bad and the ugly and your story in hope of helping our future expats from going through the same BS you and we have gone through.

I also want to touch base of the fact that many schools are racist and not hiring black people who have the same or better education than i do. Please feel free to post your story.

I also want to touch base on the subject of assaults and or sexual misconduct and how foreign or local females or males have been assaulted.

Finally i want to discuss how Asian people born in other countries come here to teach and receive a lower wage and how they feel about this. All of these issues will be spoken about and a study will be put together in hopes of it being published just before summer using my high level Chinese government contacts. Most importantly please stick to the GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY schools, and your accurate and true stories please only tell the truth if you don't want to name the school you can use initials so your job is not at risk further more i am in a position locally to consult and resolve these school issues using my pull with local governments if the story is honest. I will help anyone i can in order to start having expats treated with the respect we deserve both financially and legally.If you need help or have any questions i will do my best to assist you with my team of educated friends some of whom are lawyers, police and officials locally and internationally.Post your questions if you have any and i will post my email to assist you.

Thanks for your time.

Let the posting begin.

• Meekael
    May 22, 2011
    40 posts

Hello, i will post first. This is a list a bad school in Chengdu if you have anything to add to why they are bad feel free to elaborate.

Hampson English, Personally they owe me over 3000 yuan and they assaulted a female teacher while i was working their, they are well known for ripping off teachers and promising Visa's and if and surely when you quit they with hold money from your pay, also they are well known for not paying teacher the correct amount of money and shorting paychecks. Anything to add?

Shi Shi foreign language school, I received a job at this school with the promise of great pay and a 1 year working Visa. The school processed my Visa and then tried to force me to pay for the costs even thought the contract stated they pay all costs related to the Visa. I refused to pay and they with held my salary, then they intercepted my passport before i could pick it up once ready. They brought in 3 men to threaten me unaware i had friends working in the government. My embassy informed them they could face jail if they did not return my Passport and with in 1 hour they had my passport for me, i told them that i would quit after this and they told me i had 1 hour to move all my things from the staff housing, they brought the same 3 men to the house and tossed my stuff onto the street, at that time they said they would pay me. They did not and told me to leave China or they would call the police, I left the area moving in with my lovely GF and called my friends at PSB and they informed them they would loose the right to have foreign teacher if they did not pay me. PSB informed me that i could stay on the 1 year Visa after i quit legally and the school paid me. !! rough day haha !!

• tigerkuma
    May 22, 2011
    12 posts

Ten years teaching here, literally dozens of schools, basically no problems. Man, read the fine print VERY carefully, be responsible, treat people with respect, enjoy the job. Seems to work out fine for me....

• Meekael
    May 22, 2011
    40 posts

Cool, well i have about 50 emails from locals who have had trouble that's why i started this post, i read the fine print they breached the deal. All is well now though. I have only met a couple teachers that did not get screwed, this blog is for people to voice their opinions on mostly bad schools though sir. Thanks for the input but i am skeptical on your legitimacy of your post haha

• Meekael
    May 22, 2011
    40 posts

Hello, nice to see all the posts but i did intend for people to specifically go after Bosses or teachers. If your going to make sure you do keep it to first names. I also no who this EF James is and i am sure its hard to be liked by everyone, but if he is hiring teacher based on false pretense or asking teachers to work with out a legal Visa then someone should report this to EF's head office in Shanghai and to the local PSB. However Jack is a good and well respected boss with all the teachers in mind. Thanks for the posts i have gotten a lot of emails to. EF seems to be on the top of the list as the worst school to work for. Yikes but remember they are one of the oldest schools on China and not all EF branches are run this way.

• Mark PHD
    May 22, 2011
    1 post

I will nominate, Netin and EF Zijing for my to best schools, both are run very well and they really care about their teachers.
    For the worst school i am going with EF Shuncheng and Hampson. Same reasons as the other guys said. But for me i didn't mind James i thought he was a good DOS i did not like the crammed classes, the Visa lies and the fact that the TA's don't even speak proper English they also have some borderline pedophile teachers their who flirt with the TA's in the office and watch the women teacher while they are working like perverts. EF Shuncheng is a really bad school to work for i dont no where they find some of these teachers, most of them are pretty cool but they really need to check references there. That's my input.

• British BUlldog
    May 22, 2011
    11 posts

Lets see how many schools have ripped me off, about 12 in total, 5 in CD. Never worked for Hampsons or Netin so i cant comment but i did work for EF Shuncheng for about 3 weeks, basically they hired me to do full-time promised the Visa and staff housing but after they finally showed me the staff housing i saw rats crawling around and they make you room up with some person you don't know, i offered to pay the difference to keep the place to myself they said no, James did not help me in any way and promised a 1 year Visa as well then changed him mind and said he would send to HK for a 3 month F Visa. To get this straight with all you teachers out there listen to the facts it is illegal to work under a F-Visa and any school that tells you different or cant provide a 1 year Visa is bogus. If your planning on working and living in China and you get caught you could get in trouble, most of the time nobody cares but its still your burden. EF kept telling me it was okay, but i confirmed with PSB that you cant legally take money on a working Visa so do your own research and stay away from any school giving 3 month Visa's this is their way to keep you hostage and under their constant control. Your better of working on a tourist Visa you can get in HK anyway so never mind the 3 month scams. I would also recommend staying far and wide of EF Shungcheng. I have been teaching in China for about 3 years and i have never worked for a school with such incompetence. Don't let that get you down though there are 100's of great schools in CD, but i do not think anyone should work for a local employer and if you can afford the time, look for a foreign owned company. I have work for a great one for 2 years now and never had 1 issue.

Good luck!

• tigerkuma
    May 23, 2011
    12 posts

@mekkeael and offifer: guys, you wanna call me a f**king liar, have the balls to do it. Why so skeptical? I have mates here for 8 or 9 years who also have no problems. You guys who have all the trouble with the schools remind me of the guys who are always getting into fights at bars, then say "Chinese guys are crazy and love to fight foreigners!". Yet, the vast majority of foreigners have no trouble. If schools are always f**king you, maybe you need to look at yourself. I don't run or represent any schools, so forget about calling me a "stooge" or an ass kisser. Man, there are certainly shitty schools here, but also lotsa shitty (foreign) teachers.
    Peace and goodwill to all....

• bored2
    May 23, 2011
    8 posts

Guys I don't think you should be talking about individuals on this forum. Some have wives and kids and this could cause serious problems for them. If you don't feel happy in a school leave. Slag of the school as much as you like, but we don't know when your talking about specific person if the stories are true. Remember this is China everybody will lie to you even in the good schools. We are all here trying to make a living so please be nice.

• Miss Lava
    May 23, 2011
    3 posts

I worked for English First and never had any problems but there was one real creepy old British guy that worked in the downtown center that flirted and hit on all the female staff. Talk about gross.
    And, I agree with tigerkuma, most people that work in China as teachers that have a problem with a school or Chinese people usually are the problem themselves. If you are going to drop names then you should drop your own name, too.

• Meekael
    May 23, 2011
    40 posts

@TigerKuma,Who are you even talking to? With your angry looking post, I have the right to my opinion. People can post what they want, i get a lot of emails from teachers who get screwed but also some of them are nuttty teachers as well, now i have a great job, not in the education industry. I also did not ask people to put peoples names up as i did not in my post but they can if they wish. However i would rather they list the school. Funny people keep nominating EF. Seems like the worst so far.I have heard nasty rumors but always left the rumor to be. But just as well lets keep it to the schools and story.

• sinro
    May 23, 2011
    30 posts

This whole topic is ridiculous. Some disgruntled employees trying to get revenge on the internet, because they can't have a civilized conversation without throwing a fit.

If you show up drunk for work, don't show up at all, don't teach what you're supposed to, hit on students, you get a warning or get fired. This happens in every school. Don't take it out on the DOS, get your act together...

• bored2
    May 23, 2011
    8 posts

Admin this thread is now out of control. Please delete it.

• British BUlldog
    May 23, 2011
    11 posts

If admin takes this down, this site is a joke, we should be able to speak our minds here. You and Tigerkuma can maybe share an apartment together and be buddies your the only ones complaining. Contribute something to the blog or move on buddy.

• USA rocks
    May 23, 2011
    2 posts

I find it hard to believe any self respecting teacher would complain about this blog, i have just read through the posts and i think its great. Its about time someone put a blog up that doesnt bore the readers to death and contain real life situation that can help other teachers who have been put in bad spots over the years from good employers.

Side note: British Bulldog

tone it down a bit man, no big deal admin would never take this down. Chill smoke one man. Unfortunately i dont have any bad posts to put up. I worked for Netin, Owen English, EF and QSI and i liked all of them, i have never heard of James, i worked at Zijing and they treated me very well and i would recommend EF to any beginner teacher its not really a place for advanced teachers more a place for the backpacker or teacher lacking skill to teach in a high level school, i learned a lot from EF and moved on they always paid me on time and Whitney was a great DOS also they have a great manager named Aaron who was a big help to me.
    Thanks EF.

The guys asking to remove this blog are total idiots and covering for someone. I would like to read more good stories but maybe people are just hearing about this blog now. I will write more about good schools later i am going to bang some girls at Showtime! free drinks for foreigners!

BAM

• bored2
    May 23, 2011
    8 posts

All I asked for it to be removed, because people are talking about individuals not the schools.

British Bulldog, UK foriegn affairs and offifer feels like your the same person.

British Bulldog your the idiot!!! can you not express your ideas without calling people wankers. It seems your vocab is very limited.

Sorry I have come down to your level.

Have a nice evening

• Miss Lava
    May 23, 2011
    3 posts

-"What a scared little kitten you are to speak your mind." -British BUlldog

Oh, grow up and state your name big man.

• USA rocks
    May 23, 2011
    2 posts

I guess this blog is gone, well it was good while it lasted. Free drinks at Showtime.

Bored2 your a real party pooper, how can you ask for this to be removed I don't think anyone used last names only first names. If the people they were talking about were offended they should defend themselves, I know i would. Like i stated i liked EF, they were a great school, i dont see how admin would take down the blog though. I have read some pretty offensive blogs on these forums. This one is just people venting their opinions. Not really harmful unless they used last names. Oh well, i am sure there will be another blog popping since this one had so many posters. Why would someone pose a 3 people? Silly.
    Free drinks at Showtime for handsome foreigners, not fatties or fat old men ask for Matt.

• bored2
    May 23, 2011
    8 posts

USA rocks. I understand your point of view, but Chengdu has a small Western community its not diffiucult to find out who works in what school.

If somebody is going to use first names they should state thier own name. Also when people give a valid response and just get called a wanker whats the point. Im not going to waste anymore time responding to the others. By the way where is Showtime?

• Teacher.Watch
    May 23, 2011
    4 posts

haha lol@ paulie. that's funny. Nice burn.

• British BUlldog
    May 24, 2011
    11 posts

ding dong i dont care about my grammar. Smoke it while u got it.

• Diamond
    May 24, 2011
    1 post

Hey everyone I saw this thread a few days ago and there were no replies on it and now it seems a whole storm is brewing. I was going to ask advice on what institution would people recommend working for in Chengdu which treats foreign employees well and also are a good place to work in. I was thinking about going to work for EF but after reading some posts I am not sure anymore.

Also I want to comment on something I am Asian born abroad and faced quite a bit of discrimination when I arrived in China but I am assuming it because people just don't know any better. But I would like to defend the Chinese that with me people have got to know me and have become very friendly and realise I am not so bad yes I can be annoying but I all in all l am a person. I do tend to notice the way I am treated compared to my western faced friends for example anytime we have gone out for food, drinks, shopping they are treated exceptionally well and I am kind of ignored. I have been out to bars and a few times our group has been treated to free drinks, food etc except me which is awkward.

At work I give suggestions and advice on work related matters but no one takes them on board but in all honesty when the exact same things are said by a western face (blonde hair, blue eyes) they are fully implemented and I think I just said that which happens all time.

I love being in China and for every negative attitude I encounter there are several positive ones which is why I stick around. I would like to know what anyone else thinks or notices as discrimination happens everywhere not just in China. Thank the lord that I am strong enough in spirit to give people a chance in the hope they give me one too.

Diamond Girl

• invisible
    May 24, 2011
    1534 posts

Please note that this thread has been moderated.
    Please stay civil and avoid name calling and personal insults.

In case you are interested in school reviews also have a look at this non-affiliated site
    http://www.chinaschoolreview.com/

• Meekael
    May 24, 2011
    40 posts

Well that's fine its moderated some people were being pretty hard on some individuals, i figured people would not be able to speak openly with out being silenced. I started this blog to bring to light bad school and it has done its job. I have very good contacts in the PSB and embassies and will be forwarding a report on 3 bad schools and there misconceptions and arrogant disrespect for the Chinese laws and how Visa's actually work. The real losers in this situation are the teachers unwittingly working illegally and PSB is cracking down, that's why i am making this report as i was asked to by a personal friend who wants to start going after these schools. This should not be taken as a joke and actions are being taken to ensure schools comply with the laws related to Visa's and to protect teachers from potentially having Visa's revoked. I am thankful for all the posts, but people need to stop putting names up on the blog. Just the schools and the true story. Hopefully time permitting all allegations will be thoroughly investigated.

RE: Diamond
    In my opinion i would avoid EF at all costs if you want to save yourself headaches as it is rated as one of the worst schools in this city and is well known to have teachers employed illegally in which they try to convince teachers working on F-Visa's are legal and lawful. That is a total lie, these schools should be avoided at all costs as your risking being deported if caught. These schools do not care about teachers and only now people are outing them publicly with the intention of changing the way they operate. I can however recommend many good schools for you: Netin, Owens English, Golden Apple, QSI and try all the Uni's.

I wish you good luck in your job search Miss and be very careful to take the time to research the school before you sign any contract.

I find that China is one of the most racist countries in the world in regards to hiring teachers, many of my black friends can not find work here even though they may have more education and skills than 50% of the work force. This is not some made up rant and it is true, sadly.

As a Asian person you should have no trouble finding work although they may try to under pay you. Be aware of that, with that said other than the racism that runs ramped here i find the Chinese people to be very friendly to me personally and i do not work as a teacher here i work in business.

Hopefully my post is not removed as it is not offensive in anyway.

• Meekael
    May 24, 2011
    40 posts

Further more i am no coward hiding behind my computer and if anyone wishes to speak to me face to face to make a statement or report feel free to contact me and i will post my email address and bring all my findings to PSB and the Foreign expert bureau. Our findings will also be forwarded to the head offices of each school who is conducting themselves shamefully and illegally. Do to the recent influx of complaint by teachers this blog was created and now moderated.

Enjoy the weather, where did the sun go :(

• British BUlldog
    May 24, 2011
    11 posts

What a joke moderating this blog, how can you agree with them MEEKAEL whats up with that man. The only people defending these school are people working as bosses. I want your email so i can tel you about all my trouble and i will write a statement to PSB if you need it. I said who i was and my intent to go after the schools. Its not so funny now that a report is being made.

• Meekael
    May 24, 2011
    40 posts

Re: British Bulldog

Sorry, but i feel your allegations are made up and i am basing my report on factual findings regarding schools. Further more you are very rude and have stated many times on here how angry you are. I will not use my contacts to fuel BS allegations and made up stories, EF may have fired you and you feel bad but your on your own sir. Ical have more than enough information to forward my report to the applicable authorities. I recommend you relax and let it go, i cant use you if your angry and unable to back up your story. You seem to have a vendetta against EF my report is not about this. Its about the law being broken, assault, gross misconducts and breaches of personal safety or otherwise. If you actually have real story post it up on here tonight and i will review it, then if i find the story to be solid and true i will contact you. Feel free to gather your thought and post it.

• British BUlldog
    May 24, 2011
    11 posts

Okay here is my story as honest as i can tell it with out names but i have to include the school name or it has no point. I understand your post and will keep it cool. I am just so angry at what happened to me. I hope you understand.

I worked for a branch of EF last year, when i had received the job i was promised a 1 year Visa. Now when it was time for my Visa to be renewed they informed me that i would have to go to HK and they would pay for my trip, then they told me i would only be getting a 3 month F-Visa. I was shocked and pissed off they lied to me, I asked to DOS if it was legal to work under the F-Visa, he replied numerous times saying" I know its not legal but they wont bother you, don't worry". I stated my view in light of the situation and he said i had no choice because my Visa was nearly up and told me to go to HK, Then i told him i did not want to go to HK because i dont like traveling for nothing when i was promised a Visa, secondly they hired me while working on a tourist Visa and told me it was no problem. I will admit i knew it was wrong but given he said it was fine i had been informed i could teach. So anyway after our fight about the Visa i kept teaching, during a few classes they provided me with a TA who could not even speak proper English and i really handicapped my ability to teach when i asked to replace her he said it did not matter just to push through the classes and that he didn't really care whether the student really make progress, which bring me to the next lie, when he asked me to fill out the progress report i honestly filled it out and many students were behind, he then told me to lie about the progress and write only good comments as the parents may withdraw the kids if they feel they are not learning. As a respectable teacher i was appalled at the fact he told me to lie so EF would make money, it was more like a student mill, sad for the students. The next issue was the way the TA's and the staff conduct themselves, i made friends with many of the TA's and they told me they had been "involved" with other staff i wont say who because i want my story told, Every teacher knew that being "involved" with a TA would be grounds for dismissal. At that time one of the TA's was pregnant whom i will not say her name, she had been pregnant 3 times and received 3 abortions. After i heard this i was sickened to think all this was going on it was more like a soap opera than a school. Next i was sick many times and so was my girlfriend, even though we both had requested time off to recover we were both forced to work. The school allows kids to cough and sneeze all over the place and when we get sick and ask for time off we were told "NO" further more i had my salary docked for every day i had missed because i could not present a doctors note even though i was bed ridden. This was unfair well at least we thought, i asked them why they docked my pay and he replied " you don't have proof you were sick" I was pissed off, all the teachers at EF come to work sick which in turn everyone gets sick. This is not the way to run a school. Now as for my housing i was given housing which was full of rats, they said to hire a cleaner and they would not pay for it, when i moved in the place was filthy, they promised internet and a clean home, none were provided, then when i asked about the internet he said go install it yourself. The first month i worked at EF i also did not receive my stipend. I never did get it., I also worked overtime he said that would be paid at 120 rmb per hour but never received it on my salary when i asked him about it he said that i still had not worked my 21 hours, but i had, i worked over 25 hours each week and was never paid overtime. We also had to test students and log in office time 20 hours each week, but before i signed the contract he said i would never have to actually work those hours and not to worry about it. He then added my overtime into the logged work week hours and never paid me, by this point i was fed up with EF and this guy. Lucky for me i had another job somewhere else lined up, i gave my notice and subsequently quit. When i received my last salary payment they did not pay me my stipend(750) or my flight bonus(4500) he told me i actually quit 1 day early so i could not receive it. WOW what a joke. I was broke and cried with my girlfriend as were both really hurt financially bu the whole situation. Finally when i quit they were in the middle of my Visa and informed me since i had given notice(1 month) that they would now not pay for my Visa as agreed in the contract both written and verbally. So as you can see i have more than enough reasons to be angry, EF ruined my life for a short period of time. I do not live in the Chengdu anymore and will write the head office in Shanghai if you don't help me inform PSB of all of this. No teacher should ever have to go through this, i am well educated holding 2 degrees 1 in business and one in education. They also promised me i would be starting my salary at 6500 yuan per month because of my higher level of qualifications, i received 5500+750(stipend per month) the reply was this"well the paper work has already been processed sorry" So they in total owe me 6 months x 1000(for the salary difference) and 1 month for my missing stipend(750) and the costs of my Visa 1000 yuan(the contract state they cover this expense) and they owe me for 40 hours overtime 120x40=4800 bringing the running total to 12,040 yuan!!! understand my anger now! When i brought this figure to the boss he laughed saying there was nothing he could do his hands were tied. For all you grammar nazi's picking apart my post, i did not take the time to proof read it.

Sorry, well that's my story i with held so much other stuff because i know the moderator will silence the truth and defend the schools being the he or she is probably being emailed to do so. Please do not remove my post. Others deserve to know my story.

• Meekael
    May 25, 2011
    40 posts

Okay i have read the post, i have a meeting tomorrow with confidential people regarding this whole situation yours not included. I will bring up your issue as well. Your story disgusts me and i believe you and thanks for not including names i know who your talking about and have received a number of emails regarding this specific person. The foreign Experts Bureau is now aware of this school and will wait for a report from myself and my associates regarding these schools but unfortunately Hampsons is the #1 priority as of now. It is believed they are currently employing over 15 teachers working under F-Visa's or L Visa's its very complicated though since the teachers themselves have been told they can work there under the parameters but the onus is always on the teacher in the end so we do not want to make these teachers victims of bad business and lose their jobs. Discretion is being used in all these situations. Hopefully the school own up to their mistakes and right their wrongs. Let's keep a positive mind set for this! Keep your head up buddy!

• .Jack.
    May 25, 2011
    2 posts

I've worked at EF for two years. Here's what I've noticed.

Chengdu EF has given many opportunities to people wanting to start out in the ESL field. Some have left their jobs back in their home country to start something new. Some have been in the ESL world in China or other countries before and are relocating. Some have worked for another branch of EF in another province. Some are traveling. Some are between jobs.

Chengdu EF has helped individuals above and beyond a standard employer/employee relationship. The local staff are immensely warm and welcoming.

Not one foreigner employed by Chengdu EF has ever been fined or deported due to visa issues.

People wanting to take the opportunity to be an ESL teacher at EF that end up complaining, leaving and/or being asked to leave usually show up to work late, don't show up at all, are consistently sick on the weekends (never during the week), show up drunk, bring illegal substances to the centers, do not prepare for classes and so on.

I've heard complaints from great teachers about visas and housing. Some of them legit. I've heard about rats in the house from one person but then another person moves in and never even sees a cockroach. I've heard of people moving in their partner when they already have a flatmate in an EF house and expecting/demanding immediate EF housing for couples. Sometimes, there really are issues with living conditions. Nothing that I would call severe but always with someone from EF trying to solve the issue.

The visa situation is trickier, especially for those who have worked in China before. Applying for a work permit takes time and comes with stages of approval between two different departments, the PSB and SOFA. Holidays and four day work weeks interfere with the process. It tests all of our patience.

And then, sometimes someone does drop the ball. It happens. Again, no cost or deportation involves the foreigner but yes, some inconvenience.

This is China. If you've lived here long enough, you learn the importance of patience.

It could always be better.

All in all, if you're just looking to float by, get a little capital while only having to work two mornings out of the week so you can party and nurse a hangover during the weekdays, you'll probably not last. But, if you're a practical, principled person, with strong work ethics, are self-motivated and really enjoy teaching, then you'll have a wonderful experience here but, EF is a franchise and a major downfall to that is not being able to touch on every aspect of a child's learning and nurture it to its fullest.

With that being said, Chengdu EF is always looking to improve.

With regards to this thread. I've been in China for nearly seven years and did have visa issues with my first school. I never read the fine print so couldn't really get angry with the school but did not sign a second year contract with them. Learned my lesson, paid more attention, been a breeze ever since.

• Meekael
    May 25, 2011
    40 posts

That's a real classic the boss defending the school Jack, you sound more like an advertisement for EF. The report is almost finished. Any to say in regards to your teachers working under F-visas? And or L-Visas? Since i have you here i would love to here you deny it, since i have over 10 EF teachers privately emailing me now. No need to do PR or hold meetings at the school just fixed the problem before you get fixed. Jack i have nothing bad to say about you, However your underlings are playing a dangerous game with Visa's. The facts can not be disputed you were warned many times and blinded by power. I have high powered contacts with in the PSB very good friends. Luckily for you Jack since i like you we are going after Hampsons.

• .Jack.
    May 25, 2011
    2 posts

I appreciate your interest in the teachers here, Mike. Again, I've not seen any teacher fined or deported due to visa issues.

• dryer
    May 25, 2011
    1 post

Quote below from MEEKAEL on the legalities of a foreign driver's license in China. WOW, for someone who doesn't care about driving legally or respecting the police, you sure are on your high horse about Visas. Hilarious.

"May 18, 2011
    Forums > Study > Driver License requirement in Chengdu

Dude come on, I have no license what so ever. My is a class 1 so i am licensed to drive anything and everything. You dont need a license, i drive around like a maniac all the time further yet i drive my race bike up and down the ring roads at night cops say how cool it is, the only thing they said was keep out of downtown, I rent cars with my license i have now maybe its because of the class also when pulled over i tell them its international, they believe me. I am going to get my license to, someone else said you have to register. I did that but then moved and did not register again this can be a problem but remember in Chengdu the max fine is 500yuan so my advice keep ur privacy and if you move keep that to urself."

• Meekael
    May 25, 2011
    40 posts

So whats wrong with that post i do drive my bike like a maniac. Everyone in town knows that, Actually i have a Chinese license i just bought it,I was drunk when i wrote that post whats your beef i would never write a post i would soon regret further more, since you want to play games we will finish the report on EF now. I was going to leave that school alone, I am not a teacher JACK, I am a sub-contractor for the government here that's my job.Being that 70% of my friends here are police and government officials I am not to worried about driving around like a maniac but i have toned down my driving, Hey if anyone's interested I also train people in MMA here first lessons free.

I warned you about your Visa issues, now you can sort it out once we file the report. Like i said i was going to leave EF alone because i like some of the teachers at EF, Better hope they all have work visa's. I have received so many complaint about your schools i even sent you a text msg warning you.

My driving like a maniac has nothing to with Visa's. Just how far do you want this to go? The only school who ever screwed me over was Hampsons. I had no intention of going after EF and believe me if i do your wont be making jokes,I do not like James personally and i have not posted any reasons why. That is well known to everyone i don't like the guy. Don't forget i teach MMA/Kick boxing here as well, first lessons free, James can have as many lessons as he wants. I will also give you free tickets to my next fight in Bangkok, Thailand. I have a title defense from 2007-2009 that went vacant after i went back into the oilfield, Your welcome to join us if you want. I don't post on here anymore, i have all i need, i am really going to think hard about what to do with EF now, i am caught in the middle as i was asked to put up this blog and make a list of the bad schools but i also do have a little heart once you get past my aggressive behavior. I guess i have a bit of a temper from fighting for so many years. I dont want to report EF but whoever is being a big mouth is really not helping, I did not post this blog on my own once again i will state we were asked to put this report together. We now have more than enough tips as to who is doing what, JACK i knew you were allowing teachers to work illegally before i worked for EF and never said a thing, but since a file landed on someones desk i was asked to help out. I did my part, the only people who should be worried are the scum bag employers who somehow think F/L and Student Visa allow one to work, is EF alone in this not at all, EF only has 5 teachers on F-visa's last i checked, The schools i am after are far worse, with that said i would never recommend EF for any teacher unless they are new to teaching, for me it was okay, I ran and still run 4 schools in India but never really like teaching, being that we owned the schools/orphanages i was always to busy to teach and we had over 80 staff between the 4 schools, things are much worse in my hometown in India, smarten up JACK, just fix the problem. Again i wont be posting anymore.

• mithu22
    May 25, 2011
    2 posts

The Good the Bad and the ugly Schools is very interested forum. Where I submit our comments

• bored2
    May 25, 2011
    8 posts

bored of this ?

• Meekael
    May 25, 2011
    40 posts

Hey buddy, I happen to work as sub-contractor/consultant for the government here. I doubt many foreigners do have guanxi.So to burst your bubble but everyone who knows me personally knows i do, and have never used my contacts to do harm.The fact is most foreigners work as teachers here and they do not no anyone outside the odd rich Chinese people they meet in bars and they are happy enough to feel special when they get a free drink or compliment otherwise never received in their home countries.

You said it spot on Cash is King. Some of us do have powerful friends me included and i am sure their are at least a few with powerful connections as for my connection to PSB its via third party who is my employer and i have a non disclosure agreement sign so as to protect the privacy of certain individuals, i have helped countless friends here teachers included get out of tight spots in many nasty situation with a few phone calls. I had connections before i moved here while working in the oil industry as an engineer for many years, my Visa is not through education nor is my foreign experts certificate. I have amassed various high profile friends through business and consulting, when i first moved here i only became a teacher since i thought that was the only way to receive a Visa until one of my good friends, notified me that standing in line for your Visa is for teachers and people with no connections. For the rest of us businessmen or expats in other related fields with western salaries we do have connections and powerful friends. For example when i received my Visa i met with the director along with my boss who owns a pyramid style corporation filled with the good old Hong Kong money. I love Chengdu and plan to marry next year, i cant wait for the red envelopes from my good friends. Up until recently i did not have my Drivers license here, then my friend got one for me. Good stuff, as long as i keep doing whatever favors are needed and turn the blind eye on occasion i will continue to reach my goal of buying a house this fall. I feel sorry for anyone without guanxi and usually that's a clear sign that your value is just that of a teacher. That last comment may sound cocky but i will back up every last word, followed by a smooth backhand for those ever so mouthy foreigners which happens to be a fun past time for me. The fact of the matter here is Visa's, Assaults on expats, misconduct and other illegal acts committed by the schools, i have since been informed there will mostly likely be fines for the schools and no real damage. My hope is to change the way the schools are run so teachers and expats can enjoy the time spent in this handsome city. I will be at Showtime tonight i am not hard to pick out if anyone has any stories or would like to debate current events.

To much time wasted on this blog for me, lucky i have been sick so i had time to post, back to my 2 day works week tomorrow :(

• Lingua
    May 25, 2011
    2 posts

I understand this forum topic and its goal of letting people know what's going on in certain work fields concerning foreigners...but the more I read, the more I believe the creator of this forum is just trying to fix what was done to him at a specific language school. I have no affiliations with any private language schools but I do have friends who are working in some and they have never complained about their part time or full time jobs. As sb mentioned before, those who get in trouble are usually the ones complaining. I wonder if you have thought about the consequences your report will bring to all those students or common foreigners who have been given a chance to support themselves through their studies or traveling or whatever they are in China for. If you really want to get your money back you should try to fight that institution in a different way...let's say directly with them...and not involving government and PSB and reminding in every post the great contacts you have now. You mentioned being a teacher yourself some time ago, were you on a working visa by then or were you just one of the many who ran into a place who offered you to work as a teacher whike being on a turist or business visa? It's very easy now to see from above and step on everybody just because you want revenge..Even reading your driver's license post makes me feel you really enjoy power and how easy it must be for you to get away with things in this town. Personally your report or whatever you are trying to achieve with this has a revenge and a bitter taste signature...You will affect not only the DOS you hate so much but also foreigners who have no trouble or don't know about these visa problems... As sb posted before, if you don't like it, you can always leave..nobody is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to work.. This is voluntary and for those foreigners who come looking for a job without having a secure position before coming, then those guys are just trying to find whatever is at hand...so it won't always work as they want. Whatever comes out of this, just think of the outcomes for other people when you are smiling happily because you finally got what you wanted...

• Meekael
    May 25, 2011
    40 posts

@Lingua are you talking to me?

I will go through your post trying to answer the best i can without falling asleep. First of all i was asked by someone to post this blog in order to make a report for a a confidential client, i am also being paid for this once completed and if you read my first post you would have noticed i clearly wanted to out bad schools. I brought up 2 issues i had while keeping the story factual and easy on the school, if i did not have help from my connected friends i would have lost over 2 months in Salary 19,000 yuan, it was my intent to publicly out this school and the other i posted.

I never had anything against EF nor did i post about it, only after other people were posting i shared my view.

I don't have time to reply full so i will just answer the one big question you had. You stated the following;
    I wonder if you have thought about the consequences your report will bring to all those students or common foreigners who have been given a chance to support themselves through teaching.

My answer is yes, that is why i am giving my report to my boss, he can do whatever he wants with it.

I also have never worked in China illegally or on any other Visa but a working Visa. I only want the schools to employ teachers legally, if they don't then its they who are to blame not me or the teachers and once again i am not a teacher. I work for the government as a sub-contractor/consultant. I may have been the first to log this issue but my only hope is that now the bad school change. Someone should delete the blog if they don't like it.

• Lingua
    May 25, 2011
    2 posts

well..again good luck and I can tell you are not a teacher so too bad you tried it out before...seems your upgraded high connected job is better now for you..I'd never even consider writing a report where I might jeopardize people's jobs and lives. You should aim at bigger fish if you wanna use your connections well...but maybe if you do, you might be shooting at your own guangxi in the end....
    Keep enjoying your life in China...others will have to worry about their own lives after your report... well done

• Aleeson
    May 26, 2011
    5 posts

I'd recommend Owen's English School. I've taught with them for a year and am pretty blown away at how they've helped when I've needed it and called just to make sure things are OK. I have other schools to compare it to and I think they seem even better because of it.

• Meekael
    May 26, 2011
    40 posts

Nobody will be shooting my guanxi in the foot, that is simply ridiculous, our report is finished from this blog and 3 others sources including over 50 emails, my boss has it and what he does is none over my business.
    Goodbye.

• Miss Lava
    May 26, 2011
    3 posts

Like, let's hope this is your last goodbye, ok? It's sooo obvious that you're using different user names, you have the same grammar mistakes and lack of punctuation each time.

EF has its problems but it was a pretty cool place to work at for most of the time. Like any other job, it had its ups and downs.

Dear readers, don't postulate these circumlocutory diatribes full of unlettered yet rudimentary syntax.

• Meekael
    May 26, 2011
    40 posts

I posted a long post that never made it up here not sure why hmmm. Hope it shows up.

• Meekael
    May 26, 2011
    40 posts

Miss Lava stop being foolish, by the way what kind of Visa do you have? For all the EF brass shaking in their boots, like i said i am not coming after you. Okay JACK. Just fix your misconduct your lucky this has not gone further but i can stop anyone else from reporting you outside my reach.

I posted a long rebuttal to Lingua and it was blocked.

They blocked it. I was giving a description to what my job is. Anyway work as a subcontractor/consultant for a local Chinese government. My guanxi comes from over 10 years of working with oil companies and starting at the very bottom. I do over 10 position for my job and have many Chinese people work under me as well as 2 foreigners(1 a immigration lawyer/consultant 1 a construction builder/ x oil field consultant. Typically we or i don't put our sights on local BS as we are business men working with local government, but after seeing the tears and hearing first hand accounts from friends and locals about the way they were treat i took a stand and i am backing them up the cost of which we are paying for. I have tirelessly spent years amassing government contacts in many countries and policing agencies. I spent some time in the middle east working(engineering) and was injured as our vehicle ran over an IED, i lost 2 rig hands ad was devastated, which is why i have taken a break from being an engineer on oil rigs as the job is to dangerous and the threat of death was always high.

I am a well known friend of the local government for my current position, i love this job but was sidetracked by all this BS and emails from people complaining about bad schools. The local embassies are now fully aware of which schools are doing this illegal visa stuff and the schools are in jeopardy loosing their ability to employ foreign teachers. If you think this is funny haha, well i am not laughing, you should no as i do 1 phone call can shut down a school or incur large fines which in the most case is what happens. I have taken a lot of time with my team to put this report together, its finished. Whatever happens will happen i assume fines will need to be paid. But the most important thing to take from all of this is that now the government is aware of these schools and related problem so things are going to change. China is a beautiful country and Asia is one of the only havens left where otherwise broke or jobless teachers can earn a decent living. I wish every teacher the best of luck and yes to read the fine print as i once did not. For the beginner teachers go and try out EF if you wish, hopefully they replace James and that school will be great. EF is not the bad, Jack is a decent boss but should pay more attention to the feelings and mistakes that are made, with that said, none of these DOS's or Managers could ever cut it in the real world or a US,UK,Euro or Canadian school or market, they work here because the sorts of expats here generally cant make it back home. This is true in my field of work i noticed this a lot, when i came here i could not believe they let these kinds of expats run schools. They only make 1-2000 more than a normal teacher, another thing about EF is their salary, rated lowest in Chengdu. I cant lsit o few things about EF that are bad and a few things that are good below and let the public decide. I will be nice, don't forget i have copies of every schools contracts as well.

The good about EF

1. Very clean class rooms
    2. Great TA's

3. Option for OT
    4. Great presentation room and open door room
    5. Great location
    6.Good Chinese boss or sub-boss

The bad about EF

1. No care for teachers
    2. Slow internet(classrooms and office)
    3. Small workspace (office)
    4. Salary problems
    5. Low salaries
    6. Slow out dated computers
    7. Bad management(deceitful, non-caring)
    8. Unknown salary deductions
    9. Forced to cover for teachers who are sick, with no notice
    10. Utter disregard for Visa laws and employing teachers illegally

And that's being very kind in my view. Over 10 teachers will back that up.

I have over 10 year in the consulting field/oil field and in consulting various governments around the world this is why i have so many high profile friends and all who know me do not question my ability to solve problems using any means necessary, i divide my time between this, running 4 school/orphanages in India which me and my family personally fund and training and fighting in MMA/Thai kickboxing, i also train clients in Chengdu in Fitness/MMA and have over 30 clients to date, i only work 2 days each week consulting the rest i use to train people and now investigate bad schools. All these msg's keep flooding my blackberry and have become tiresome

• Meekael
    May 26, 2011
    40 posts

Miss Lava stop being foolish, by the way what kind of Visa do you have? For all the EF brass shaking in their boots, like i said i am not coming after you. Okay JACK. Just fix your misconduct your lucky this has not gone further but i can stop anyone else from reporting you outside my reach.

I posted a long rebuttal to Lingua and it was blocked.

They blocked it. I was giving a description to what my job is. Anyway work as a subcontractor/consultant for a local Chinese government. My guanxi comes from over 10 years of working with oil companies and starting at the very bottom. I do over 10 position for my job and have many Chinese people work under me as well as 2 foreigners(1 a immigration lawyer/consultant 1 a construction builder/ x oil field consultant. Typically we or i don't put our sights on local BS as we are business men working with local government, but after seeing the tears and hearing first hand accounts from friends and locals about the way they were treat i took a stand and i am backing them up the cost of which we are paying for. I have tirelessly spent years amassing government contacts in many countries and policing agencies. I spent some time in the middle east working(engineering) and was injured as our vehicle ran over an IED, i lost 2 rig hands ad was devastated, which is why i have taken a break from being an engineer on oil rigs as the job is to dangerous and the threat of death was always high.

I am a well known friend of the local government for my current position, i love this job but was sidetracked by all this BS and emails from people complaining about bad schools. The local embassies are now fully aware of which schools are doing this illegal visa stuff and the schools are in jeopardy loosing their ability to employ foreign teachers. If you think this is funny haha, well i am not laughing, you should no as i do 1 phone call can shut down a school or incur large fines which in the most case is what happens. I have taken a lot of time with my team to put this report together, its finished. Whatever happens will happen i assume fines will need to be paid. But the most important thing to take from all of this is that now the government is aware of these schools and related problem so things are going to change. China is a beautiful country and Asia is one of the only havens left where otherwise broke or jobless teachers can earn a decent living. I wish every teacher the best of luck and yes to read the fine print as i once did not. For the beginner teachers go and try out EF if you wish, hopefully they replace James and that school will be great. EF is not the bad, Jack is a decent boss but should pay more attention to the feelings and mistakes that are made, with that said, none of these DOS's or Managers could ever cut it in the real world or a US,UK,Euro or Canadian school or market, they work here because the sorts of expats here generally cant make it back home. This is true in my field of work i noticed this a lot, when i came here i could not believe they let these kinds of expats run schools. They only make 1-2000 more than a normal teacher, another thing about EF is their salary, rated lowest in Chengdu. I cant lsit o few things about EF that are bad and a few things that are good below and let the public decide. I will be nice, don't forget i have copies of every schools contracts as well.

The good about EF

1. Very clean class rooms
    2. Great TA's

3. Option for OT
    4. Great presentation room and open door room
    5. Great location
    6.Good Chinese boss or sub-boss

The bad about EF

1. No care for teachers
    2. Slow internet(classrooms and office)
    3. Small workspace (office)
    4. Salary problems
    5. Low salaries
    6. Slow out dated computers
    7. Bad management(deceitful, non-caring)
    8. Unknown salary deductions
    9. Forced to cover for teachers who are sick, with no notice
    10. Utter disregard for Visa laws and employing teachers illegally

And that's being very kind in my view. Over 10 teachers will back that up.

I have over 10 year in the consulting field/oil field and in consulting various governments around the world this is why i have so many high profile friends and all who know me do not question my ability to solve problems using any means necessary, i divide my time between this, running 4 school/orphanages in India which me and my family personally fund and training and fighting in MMA/Thai kickboxing, i also train clients in Chengdu in Fitness/MMA and have over 30 clients to date, i only work 2 days each week consulting the rest i use to train people and now investigate bad schools. All these msg's keep flooding my blackberry and have become tiresome

• grega
    May 26, 2011
    2 posts

I actually came here to ask if anyone had any information about Mieshi international school, I must agree with everyone about Hampson I worked for them for a short time when I came to Chengdu and they are the worst school I have ever worked for. Constant harrassment and lies I took one weekend of sick informed them on friday morning, as per their rules, by saturday midday they had called me 14 times, started sending me abusive emails. So I called them and told them that although I was thankful for the opportunity I didn't need that job as I had another full time job especially if it was going to be such a hassle to get a day of. and I resigned. By the next weekend friends of mine were telling me the DOS had told them, I came to work saturday morning drunk and she fired me. Hampson are evil, stay away from them. Any information about Mieshi international School would be great seems like a good place.

• grega
    May 26, 2011
    2 posts

Oh one other interesting about Hampson, during their little orientation thing with their colorful picture folder, they have a special section called "Don't show your contract to the police, or tell them you work for us" LOL I'm serious i think from memory it might even be written on the bottom of the contract.

• Meekael
    May 26, 2011
    40 posts

Haha your the man gregga lets go for a ride bro. I got your USB dont forget. hehe

• EF-Bad Meek-good
    May 27, 2011
    1 post

Meekael is such an awesome guy. He has many friends in the PSB. He is so awesome, he is the awesomest guy ever. He has the most awesome friends in the PSB, and really awesome connections in the government. He is so awesome he's gonna use his awesome friends in the PSB to help all the poor English teachers with absolutely no guanxi to get what they deserve from the evil English schools. He is so awesome, he just wants to help the others with his awesome guanxi in the PSB, even though he is not an English teacher at all. Awesome!

• Meekael
    May 27, 2011
    40 posts

OMG that's just great, good post. Read the posts. I was a teacher for a very short period of time and i am the first to state that i am under qualified in a Chinese teaching environment. Although i have years of experience i lack classroom setting teaching skills in which i had been able to pick up along the way. From EF i was able to learn some very good tips from J***s(DOS), I**, J***n, T** and a British couple). My experience in education is from the business stand point and gathering funding for my families schools in which your free to browse online. I do not use my influence for bad but for good again i think your misunderstanding what i do here. I am doing this above and beyond my regular work week. This week i have met with over 10 teachers and 1 expat who needed help i helped them, The fee's i gather go to my schools/orphanages in India. Feel free to volunteer any time and if be the need is their i can also help with Visa's to India, and most of Asia. I have also let teachers down on their lucky sleep on my couch and i help expats find homes. Wow i sure am evil. I cant even count how many people have been thankful for my assistance.

Its fairly simple the way i see it, if your willing to jeopardize the stay of a foreign teacher by using cunning lies and illegal Visa's then whats next. I did not report EF because i do understand they are just trying to employ teachers and run a business, this was made clear to me in a quote from a higher up stating this" EF is a business and the business must make money to survive, we need to do anything to keep the teachers happy" (was this a joke)NO!

My beef with J***s is that they could employ teachers legally if they went through the proper channels. Why employ teachers illegally if it can cause a black eye on the Expats community? Am i foolish for seeing this view point? I don't seem to think so and neither do my friends. Many teachers can verify via statement that i assisted them and they are now happy in their jobs with no fear of the police or PSB tracking them down for faulty Visa's.

I am very thankful to have these contacts and i only use them to assist others, some not teachers, just last week to foreigners had overstayed their Visa's by 1 week. As i am well known in the expat community for getting people out of jams they were given my number through a Visa agency. I called my friend in advance before they went to PSB, they admitted they had overstayed paid a fine and were given a extension for 1 month while i help convert their L Visa into a working Visa in their new jobs they found. Now do i make money from helping them? YES i am a consultant and moonlight anywhere i can make money. But in many circumstances i do my work waiving the fee as i did with the last 2. So if you think i am suck a bad guy why don't you come talk to me in person? I am not hiding behind my computer and all the calls i have made have been justified, so whats up? I help people from being ripped off only to get flack from some keyboard warriors? Come talk to me directly as one day you may in fact need my help sorting out your problems and i would still help even though i have been grossly insulted by your cocky mockery. I am not a bad guy i am only trying to change the way schools treat teachers you should know better than to insult me, i have not done anything to warrant the insult. I have tried to contact a certain school many times by mobile receiving no reply. I think you have grossly misunderstood my intentions if i was a big bad wolf these schools would have officers looking over every Visa with a fine toothed comb. I have not done this and believe me when i say i want to, but i think after this website scare the schools will start to change to benefit the teacher and not just use them for a mean of financial gain.

I had some serious issues from 2 schools none of them being EF. I never had any major issues outside the fact that J***s is not qualified to run the school, my account is this i have a serious medical condition that requires injections weekly for therapy I had called in sick due to this illness and J***s sent someone to my home to confirm i was sick even making me come to EF to get my medicine. I will admit that 1 time i missed classes because i was out partying but i admitted this and even told the DOS that i would not be coming in the following day, I left EF on good terms other than i and most of the teachers do not like the DOS for many reasons other teachers have stated on this blog.

J**k however is good at his job. Do you really doubt my morals here? I am helping teachers who are in need, is it not kind for me to use my friends to assist other teachers. Last week a school ripped off a friend of mine(not EF) If you no how guanxi works here you would understand. I called my friend to put pressure on the school in which was fraudulently withholding salary. The result was my friend receiving his salary and restitution. Your cocky mockery does nothing to thwart my position and i will continue to assist where and when i can. I have also assisted over 20 teachers in obtaining Visa's through my contacts legally.

Anyway try to at least conjure more than a short paragraph to offend me, better yet come hurl your insults to my face why not, i am all ears. I will even buy you a coffee after. I am at Showtime a couple night a week, the expat community is fairly small i know most of the non-teachers expats and many teachers to whom i have a good relationship through the work i have done. Even after your insult feel free to get my number from 1 of the many Visa consultants in Chengdu i work with, for bad insult i get for helping people i have 5 kind words given to me from the help i have given. I sure hope your not hurling insults on behalf of EF that would not be very wise considering the current status of dismay they and many schools are in. From what i have heard from many teachers in over 10 local schools is that since this blog has come out meetings were held and now they are in fact making the changes to abide by the law, so i guess that's great. I never accused any school of anything they did not do or willing participated in so i am fairly happy with the outcome from this blog. Sooner or later the schools will be caught, why not change now. The black eye already in place has made the cause and effect, so i hope they have learned their lessons.

Hampsons however is in a world of trouble and they even have signs posted in their school not to call the police haha wow. I have taken the time to conceal the names of the people involved in this Visa scheme since they know who they are and have already contacted the blog moderator to do so anyway. If you take the time to actually think what has been achieved and is now in progress you would retract your insults and refer them to the schools. This blog and the finding are going to be published hopefully before summer. One of my close friend has already begun a building a website and blog the can not be moderated by third parties. It should be up and running by summer. It will be registered in the US so as to hinder those schools from crying to the moderators as I and my team will be doing that, we are also looking for 2 writers and a photographer for this website for those interested. Time for dinner, so i have to go. I hope my point and those of the teachers i have spoken on behalf of has been made.

Good luck.

• Distressed teacher
    May 27, 2011
    3 posts

I need some help, i have my Visa expiring in 1 month and the school i am with has signed a contract for 1 more year but they are saying they do not want to pay for my Visa costs even though it is written into my contract. I do not want to quit because i do not think i have time to find another job in time, i really stressing out here, anyone know what i can do? I like the school but i am kind of in a bad situation. If i quit how long does it take for me to get a new Visa? From reading the last post i was wondering how much your consulting fee's are and if we can meet tomorrow or when your free, if not can anyone else help me out. I am new to this blog i can be contacted through this site or i can leave my email address but i do not want to put up my email unless i can get help. Also if your who i am thinking of you helped my friend Chris last week and i heard through a couple friends that you have a great Visa guy? I can only afford a few hundred yuan at the moment but maybe we can work something out. I do not want a scam Visa, at the moment i have a work Visa and have been here for over 1 year. Really any advice would help :)
    Sarah.
    Thanks for any replies.

• British BUlldog
    May 28, 2011
    11 posts

One of the Visa guys in CD is named Manny i dunno his Chinese name but try Echinacities.com, the other one im not sure but you can try www.easytibetentravel.com or go to the ask around here, i used Meekael's Visa guy got it done fast and kosher no prob just had to do the photo at psb and i was good. No hassles. I no there's another guy but forgot his name he does most of the lao wai's stuff. Just make sure you don pay until you get the Visa then pay at whoever's office you find get a quote from a couple people to so you don't get ripped off i paid Meekael to middle man 500 yuan on top of the agent fee and he got them to include a Tibet Visa as well. Good deal + he got me a good place to rent too while i was here with my GF. Now were gone but look around first lots of people get ripped off, personally id rather pay a lao wai to help me cause at least i can trust friends. Cheers.

• Distressed teacher
    May 29, 2011
    3 posts

Hey, Mike. I am posting on here because after reading the few messages against what your doing. Thanks for meeting me and getting a hold of me through Go Chengdoo, For those who believe Mike is a hateful person should think twice. I met up with Mike today and gave him all of my information in person at Starbucks downtown i was waiting for him and he pulled up on a racing bike, not what i expected no helmet lol, tattoo's, young i was a little shocked he looked more like a fighter than a business man :D. We spent over 2 hours going over my contract and other stuff, while we were talking he explained to me what he does and how he could help, at the end of the conversation he decided he could help me. At this point i will admit i was a little skeptical but i did believe him,I signed a non-disclosure agreement to keep our conversation private as he requested except a few details. I gave him the phone number to my schools office and he said he would do what he could and his friend would help as well. Well guess what! This evening my school called me back and told me it was all a mix up and they were covering all the costs for my Visa. I am so happy this has all worked out and can continue working for this school. What a mess this could have turned into. I am very thankful for Mike and his friend who called the school, Mike told me his friend would do the calling while he actually does the investigating and his other people in the office deal with Visa's and the confusing stuff. If i did not have his help i do not no what i would have done. All these people on here trash talking him should look in the mirror. Mike did charge me 1000 yuan for his fee that i thought was high, but he explained how the fee's work and i was just happy to have this all behind me. Funny thing i thought he was cute and i do not have a boyfriend so i asked him out but he said he was engaged oops. Well lucky girl, Mike did not ask me to post this i posted it on my own behalf and will recommend him to all of my friends in the near future. I do not know who Mike knows or who his contacts are but for the headmaster of my school to just change his mind like that he must know some good people. He is also going to be processing my Visa through his Visa guy for the school to at a discounted rate. Some of these posters are complete idiots. To insult someone who is trying to help people is a joke. I was also surprised at how fast he got a hold of me, he told me he gets messages to his phone god that must suck because it was ringing off the hook!

Thanks so much!
    Sarah.

• Thetruth
    May 29, 2011
    2 posts

SPAM

• Thetruth
    May 29, 2011
    2 posts

Propaganda

• British BUlldog
    May 29, 2011
    11 posts

I fail to see how the above to posts have any meaning. Your saying that Meekael helps teachers and then uses this forum to peddle propaganda? That has to be as stupid as your forum name. I have an idea for you, why dont you go talk to Meekael toss him a few insults, i know him now as Mike and he met with me today, i doubt you would say anything to his face he does not seem like the kind of guy to take insults sitting down. He thought my story was BS but after i met him he took me seriously. Mikes a big guy and i find it funny people would even insult the guy thats taking time out of his weekend to meet with people like me and that chick Sarah. After meeting Mike today i could knew he was irritated about the people on the forum posting BS that he is a scammer or falsely posting information. He is a pretty big guy and clearly does not take S**T from anyone. I would not want to be on his bad side or piss him off. Whatever his connections are they seem to work yeah they provide him with a fee but for what he does who f***en cares. You must not no him at all and are just some dumb poster because i guarantee you would never say a peep to his face. You would probably end up crying on the ground after you woke up. I am glad i met the Mike today, he also no's all the club owners in CD and hooks people up with tables and drinks, i knew i saw him somewhere before. Funny to now put a face to a name. He's one guy i would want on my side in a bar fight haha if that makes any sense. Tonight we are going out for drinks with him and his German buddies, feel free to share your propaganda to him at CC i would love to see the result and you tube it after. This is forum is a good read, full of mouthy little men. Keep your head up Mikey remember if you slap someone its more embarrassing haha better yet a backhand KO.

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.

While the term propaganda has acquired a strongly negative connotation by association with its most manipulative and jingoistic examples, propaganda in its original sense was neutral, and could refer to uses that were generally benign or innocuous, such as public health recommendations, signs encouraging citizens to participate in a census or election, or messages encouraging persons to report crimes to the police, among others.

This thread is locked. No further posts are possible.