Photography club in Chengdu?

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 14 posts • NewestRSS

• Wolfie
    September 26, 2011
    12 posts

Does anybody know of any photography clubs in Chengdu? If so, where are they and when do they meet?

• invisible
    September 26, 2011
    1534 posts

Don't know of a real photography club for foreigners in chengdu.

There will be an special exhibition this year with selected foreign photographers. I'll post the details as soon as I know them.

• Wolfie
    September 27, 2011
    12 posts

Thanks invisible. If I were to set one up, do you think that people would be interested in joining?

• merior
    September 27, 2011
    70 posts

Wolfie, if you set one up then please send me a pm as I would be interested. The Bookworm advertised one up about 4 years ago but it never got off the ground.

• invisible
    September 27, 2011
    1534 posts

@wolfie

If it's a weekly event in a set place with some monthly outings it could work I think. The meeting location shouldn't be a dark bar, imo. So it could be bookworm, but doesn't have to be.

I saw how quickly the DD boardgame group gained more people
    some through this site, and last year's photowalk had a good share of gochengdooers, too.

http://gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/1723/first_chengdu_photo_walk_takes_place

So just collect a handful of people, set up a time and place for the first meeting. We'll put it in the event calendar. I might drop by (if I don't feel too ashamed of myself).

• CCross
    September 28, 2011
    2 posts

Wolfie,
    I hope you will set up some meeting, and please accept beginner :) so I can join..

• Wolfie
    October 10, 2011
    12 posts

CCross, you are more than welcome, 7pm at Bookworm on the 25th October.

• Wolfie
    October 18, 2011
    12 posts

Just a reminder that we will meet next Tuesday, 25th October at 7pm at Bookworm.

• aussie_guy
    October 18, 2011
    12 posts

shame il be headin to guilin that day or i'd have definately come down! never knew i liked photography so much until i began travelling :)

• Wolfie
    October 19, 2011
    12 posts

Aussie Guy, don't worry, we will be meeting fortnightly so hope to see you next time.

• aussie_guy
    October 20, 2011
    12 posts

my visa expires soon so im off to see the south before heading to thailand, wil let my mate know though. they'r living in chengdu and might be keen to join up :)

• invisible
    October 28, 2011
    1534 posts

@ Wolfie

Was looking forward to go. Too bad, couldn't make it had an accident. How did it go btw? When and where is the next one?

Oh and if anyone has footage from the Wenchuan earthquake or reconstruction please contact me (special exhibition ahead).

• Wolfie
    October 29, 2011
    12 posts

Invisible

I hope that you are OK?

I enjoyed the meeting, there were c.20 people there and I hope it bodes well for the future success and growth of the club.We are now the "Chengdu Photography Club" (CPC), next meeting at the Bookworm Nov. 22nd. The project is to bring three photos in the theme "Animal, Vegetable, or Mineral" (up to your own interpretation, could be just three different genres, different exposures, or examples of "animals, veg, and minerals"). They can be from pictures you've shot before, but try to make them with/from China. We're setting up a Yahoo! Group and will have a mailing list (details will follow). The photos will be compiled and shown at the meeting, with critique by the group. For this first time, we're all going on independent shoots (unless you want to go out with other people, then you organize it yourselves). But the idea is that in the future, we'll organize outings/"photo shoots" to go as groups, and photo challenges.

Hope to see you then.
    Best
    CJ

• invisible
    November 2, 2011
    1534 posts

@wolfi

i'm fine, lucky. thanks. 20 people is quite a success imo. i won't have time to do my homework, but will drop by nov. 20:)

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.