Expat poker game.

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 23 posts • NewestRSS

• charliedoo
    December 15, 2011
    10 posts

Will be arriving in chengdu in a few weeks. I play poker regularly in the US and am hoping there's a weekly game in chengdu.

Does anyone know of a game?

If not, would anyone be interested?

• papadu
    December 17, 2011
    1 post

I would be interested,we did have a weekly game at my place but after awhile it became too hard to get enough people. There is also weekend games at Daves .

• charliedoo
    December 17, 2011
    10 posts

who is dave?

• A Side
    December 17, 2011
    7 posts

i would be in. i have a buddy that might be interested also.

• boredofyou
    December 17, 2011
    2 posts

Daves Oasis Sunday Evening

• charliedoo
    December 18, 2011
    10 posts

cool thanks. ill check in again when i arrive 2nd week of jan

• doublemint
    December 20, 2011
    5 posts

The game at Dave's Oasis is a shallow-stack, fast blind levelled crap shoot which only pays 1st place, last time I checked. There's no real play involved. If anyone is interested in getting something a bit more sophisticated going, get in touch.

Hope you hit the flop.

• sinro
    December 20, 2011
    30 posts

you're talking about the Saturday tournament style game

There's a cash game on sundays. No blind changes, no timer, no 1st place takes all. Just a normal texas hold'em cash game, good fun

Buy-in when you want, 1 big blind notice to cash out early

• charliedoo
    December 22, 2011
    10 posts

That sunday game sounds good. do you know what the stakes are?

• sinro
    December 22, 2011
    30 posts

buy-in is 50 rmb. Most people end up buying in 2 to 3 times. depending on the number of people, the pot ranges from 500 to 1000 rmb

• charliedoo
    January 20, 2012
    10 posts

is this game happening this sunday?

• ChrissyBoy
    February 12, 2013
    4 posts

Hi, I arrived in the Du towards the end of last year and would love to find or get going a weekly/fortnightly poker game. Does anyone know of one or is there any interest to get something going? I live at the waterfront near the Shangrila and could host or I guess we could find a bar...

• ChrissyBoy
    February 12, 2013
    4 posts

Hi, I arrived in the Du towards the end of last year and would love to find or get going a weekly/fortnightly poker game. Does anyone know of one or is there any interest to get something going? I live at the waterfront near the Shangrila and could host or I guess we could find a bar...

• ChrissyBoy
    February 12, 2013
    4 posts

• Bluue
    February 12, 2013
    1 post

I know a few people that would be interested in a regular poker game. We're going to check out if Dave's Oasis still has a game going. If not, maybe we can try to start a new one.

• ChrissyBoy
    February 13, 2013
    4 posts

Ok sounds good. Keep me posted!

• invisible
    February 23, 2013
    1534 posts

cafe paname has a poker game going. they're reopening in March

• Dan C
    April 12, 2013
    1 post

I just arrived in Chengdu
    Has anyone tracked down or started a weekly game?
    I'd like to get involved

• ukec.net
    May 2, 2013
    3 posts

Dave's has 3 nights of poker, Tuesday, Thru, and Sat night. Some nights are cash some are winner takes all.

Paname had a poker game but instead of money you get "play money" that is only good at the bar. Also free drinks I think when you play.

Also heard of a random poker game from time to time at a place called Lucy's

• xooox
    January 16, 2014
    1 post

is this game still on? thinking of heading there tonight

• Davidfromsweden
    January 16, 2014
    2 posts

I also want to play some poker. xooox tell me if you're going there. add my wechat davidfromsweden :)

• hiro00
    February 8, 2014
    3 posts

Poker nights at Dave's are still on. The games are a bit inconsistent though. Thu, Fri and Tue nights seem to be the best bet. Call them to confirm. 86723808. Usually starts around 9-10pm.

• akan_007
    February 15, 2014
    1 post

Hi, I am in for poker
    wechat: Patrice_Fillon
    mail: baifal@no-log.org

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.