University Tuition in Chengdu

Posted in: Forums > Study • 8 posts • NewestRSS

• Journey
    December 26, 2011
    18 posts

Hi,

I plan to relocate to Chengdu sometime next year and would like to attend a University and earn a business degree while I am there. Can someone please tell what I can expect to pay in tution fees for a public University? I am hoping that it is cheaper than the high tution fees here in the States. Also, will I be able to find a University that will teach courses in english?

Thanks

• Fraulein
    December 26, 2011
    9 posts

Hi Journey,

Southwest University of the Nationalities offers a basic Chinese language course for 6000 yuan a semester. The International dorms are nice, if not basic and the best part is that they are only 900 yuan a month. Also, they are located in the same building as the classes, which is nice, if you aren't a morning person.

Sichuan University offers a course for 8200 yuan a semester and last year when I looked into it, they were renovating the International dorms, so if that is still the case, you'll have to find a place to live off campus.

Those are the only universities I looked into. Maybe someone else, has some specific information about SWUFE and Sichuan Normal University (although, I'm not sure if the later has a Chinese language program.)

Congratulations on your choice of choosing Chengdu. I'm sure you'll love it here.

• Journey
    December 28, 2011
    18 posts

Hi Fraulein,

Thank you for your reply. I really would like to study business and not so much language. I will keep looking and hopefully I can find a University that a business program thought in English.

• sucdut
    December 28, 2011
    4 posts

Staffordshire University run a large UK Business Management programme in Chengdu in collaboration with Chengdu University of Technology. This is a public university and the collaboration is approved by the Chinese Ministry of Education. The programme is delivered entirely in English, mostly by expat staff.

At the moment we only run the first two years of three (UK degree programmes are only three years), with students having the option to graduate with a Dip HE, to transfer to the UK for the final year of the degree or apply to transfer to a local degree programme. We're seeking approval to run the final year locally as well and expect a response from the Ministry by March.

Tuition fees are likely to go up in September, to something between 25000 - 30000 RMB per year for International students. We're waiting for the Sichuan Pricing Authority to set a figure.

Unfortunately our website (www.sucdutedu.org) is entirely in Chinese, although if you contact me by email I can send you some documentation in English about the course and would of course be happy to answer any questions, as I'm sure would a few other gochengdoo users who work here.

• Journey
    December 29, 2011
    18 posts

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, thats a little out of my price range.

• Newcy
    January 13, 2012
    1 post

Hi, Journey
    SWUFE may be a good choice for you. Famous for finance and economics nationally wide, and there are bilingual classes in Finance, Accounting, Insurance, International Business, using English version books, taught in English for most courses. As for the price, no idea, but if you are interested, I can ask my friends who's studying there.

• Yeming
    January 14, 2012
    50 posts

Check this site:

http://www.cucas.edu.cn/

• Judewise
    January 27, 2014
    3 posts

Pls friends, between SWUFE and ZUFE, which school will be best for int'l student like me

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.