Game of Thrones S2E1 Viewing

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 21 posts • NewestRSS

• Euni_9
    March 29, 2012
    21 posts

To all fellow Game of Thrones fanatics:

As you all know, the 1st episode of the 2nd season is going to air on April 1st, 9pm EST.

How are you going to watch it? I'm assuming everyone will watch it the standard way, which is download it a day after and then see it.

But I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a Game of Thrones viewing party at some bar.

I know HBO is accessible on Chinese TV so I was even wondering if us folks in China would be able to watch the episode as it's being played over in the States, although I realize it would be 9 AM for us here.

I guess the questions are:

1) How are you planning on watching events unfold in Westeros in the 2nd season?

2) Is there a way to watch S02E01, together, at a bar at the same time it's being played in the States?

3) If not at the same time, would anyone be interested in watching a downloaded episode at a viewing party the day after? Which bar do you think would be into that?

GET AT ME.

• Aireline
    March 30, 2012
    106 posts

The only problem I can see is that local bars might take issue with the amount of nudity the show has...
    We're planning on hitting up kat.ph and then chilling in front of the recently acquired HD TV with some beers and Mike's pizza :)

• Euni_9
    March 31, 2012
    21 posts

But...but..... who wouldn't want to watch Daenaerys breastfeeding dragons???

• hellokitty
    March 31, 2012
    2 posts

You don't have to wait a day for a downloaded version. A 720p copy will hit big p2p sites within minutes of it finishing airing in the US. These releases are regulated and released by "the scene"; a large international group of pirates who share content for the good of human kind! You can check for recently released titles at orlydb then search on eztv.

• Amour
    March 31, 2012
    5 posts

No bar would be open at 9 am. No bar would play naked images here. I would vote watching it on the evening of April 1st, China time, after download a HD version, at some place with good TV and good sound called HOME. We may not have a gather together, but our hearts are all set for this great show! Just 2 more days

• iraglassismyhero
    March 31, 2012
    99 posts

if you think no bar would play naked images, you obviously missed the future shorts screening at the bookworm last weekend! anyway, i think 'game of thrones' wouldn't be a big deal in a bar here. if i were you, i'd ask at the shamrock because they've had similar events before. (screenings of sports games and elections at all hours of the day and night, including early morning). plus i bet their clientele would be into 'game of thrones'.

• Mike's Pizza
    March 31, 2012
    4 posts

@Aireline: I love the idea of getting some Mike's Pizza and watching Game of Thrones...but I should probably give you a bit of a head's up, we will be closed on Monday for the holiday weekend. Back open on Tuesday. But I'll be downloading and watching GOT S02E01 as well on Monday.

• alchymyst
    March 31, 2012
    22 posts

As much as I'd like to watch it with others, Game of Thrones and bar just don't go together. If someone were hosting it at more laid back, comfortable locale with big TV, then I'd consider. Plus, it's a story you really need to pay attention to. Too many people = too many distractions = no idea what's going on, unless everyone agrees to stfu while viewing.

• Euni_9
    April 1, 2012
    21 posts

Thanks for all your suggestions and opinions! Got it worked out.

Well, in terms of a bar, I was thinking less Paname and more of a quiet, small locale, which someone was able to find so we won't have to worry about other people talking too loudly and what not. We have a time, location, and even a projection screen, but it sounds like all of you already are set.

I just thought it'd be a fun experience to watch it with other people who also love the Game of Thrones.

Wherever you are, whoever you're with, there's no mistaking that it's going to be an amazing episode. Enjoy!

• BenChem
    April 1, 2012
    6 posts

Game Of Thrones Watch Party is ON!!!!!

Tuesday, 7:30PM Taohua Bar
    Projector TV.
    A quiet bar.
    Back of the bar reserved for the Lannisters and Starks.
    Located on Huazi Lu, just a few doors from from the intersection with Fang Cao Dong Lu.

Bring your friends. Bring your sword.

• hipster_librarian
    April 4, 2012
    1 post

Damn, just saw this. Did it happen and did people show up? If it was a success, will it be recurring? I watched it a friend's place around the corner from there, and would love to watch it on the projector.

• BenChem
    April 4, 2012
    6 posts

Game Of Thrones Watch Party was a success. And we will continue every Tuesday evening at the Taohua Bar (Fang Cao Dong Jie and Huazi Lu). Everyone is invited!

GAME OF THRONES. PROJECTOR SCREEN.

**In the last post, I accidentally wrote Fang Cao Dong Lu, but the correct street is Fang Cao Dong Jie.

• lovesiwo
    April 4, 2012
    36 posts

awesome, will definitely check it out next tues!

• Aireline
    April 5, 2012
    106 posts

@Mike, as it turned out we waited a couple of days so got the pizza, beer and snacks all sorted! Thanks again!

• Aireline
    April 5, 2012
    106 posts

Has anyone noticed that episode two is on kat.ph already? Really want to watch it, but the idea of a projector and a bar seems awesome. See you there!

• BenChem
    April 10, 2012
    6 posts

Hey Y'all.

Game of Thrones Watch Party is tonight!

Taohua Bar is generously providing its giant projector screen and righteous sound system to screen Game Of Thrones as it was meant to be shown.

This week: Season 2, Episode 2.

Time:Tuesday at 8PM
    Place: Taohua Bar
    Price: Free
    Location: On Huazi Lu, a few doors down from the intersection with Fang Cao Dong Jie

Map: http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=huazi+rd+and+fang+cao+dong+jie,+chengdu,+china&hl=en&ll=30.625542,104.05338&spn=0.010045,0.01899&sll=30.625021,104.054611&sspn=0.010045,0.01899&gl=ca&hnear=Fang+Cao+Dong+Jie+%26+Hua+Zi+Lu,+Wu+Hou+Qu,+Chengdu,+Sichuan,+China&t=m&z=16

• Aireline
    April 11, 2012
    106 posts

So how did tuesday go? I ended up watching it on my hd tv again.
    What did the owners think of it? It was probably the most graphic episode yet.

• BenChem
    April 16, 2012
    6 posts

Tuesday was good, and the owner is cool. Episode 3 tomorrow, Tuesday, at 8PM. Taohua Bar.

• gyzz77
    April 21, 2014
    12 posts

Game of thrones season 4

Machu Picchu 2 are showing Game of Thrones every monday at 9pm. they have a 15 rmb discount on all their pizza's for the event.

today 2014 april 21 at 8pm episode 2 and

at 9pm episode 3

on their 100 inch screen

machu picchu 2
    yu lin bei jie nr1

• Isabella321
    March 5, 2015
    2 posts

New season is about to air on April.

Any bars or restaurants going to show it?

• gyzz77
    March 6, 2015
    12 posts

machu picchu 2 is going to show the whole season

every monday on a hundred inch screen
    watch out for more info soon!

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.