Southwest University of Finance and Economics

Posted in: Forums > Study • 48 posts • NewestRSS

• 孔慕凯
    May 21, 2012
    14 posts

Hi everyone my name is Michael and I am from America. This semester I decided to go to study at SWUFE in the fall. I am going to be a transfer student and will study Finance for three years (bachelors in English).

Has anyone studied there or plan to study there?

Is there anything I need to know about SWUFE, is it a good University?

• invisible
    May 21, 2012
    1534 posts

this

http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/4560/is_anyone_studying_at_swufe_who_can_tell_me_about_it

• Traktor123
    May 24, 2012
    7 posts

Hi, as I was searching for information about SWUFE I stumbled upon this thread. I am from Sweden and have decided to apply to the exact same program as you.

How are you doing with the application process? Are you applying directly to SWUFE or through an organization or school?

And do you have any idea how hard it is to get accepted to SWUFE?

• Traktor123
    May 24, 2012
    7 posts

Nice to see that someone has the same thoughts as I!

• 孔慕凯
    May 24, 2012
    14 posts

I have applied directly through the University. It does take time getting responses from Mr.Xiao but his english is good. As far as getting accepted, I thought it was easy but I also have pretty good grades at University. I recently got the paperwork to get my student visa. JW202 form. Where are you at in the application process?

• hapatofu
    May 25, 2012
    149 posts

I don't think there's any "competition" in the application process — you just fill out the papers and pay the money and you're in. The program is small. I studied at both SWUFE and Sichuan University, one semester each, and I preferred SWUFE. The classes are much, much smaller, and they really try to take care of every student's learning needs (and always helpful if you're having issues with living in China, etc. as well). But wait, that was for the Chinese-language program. I don't know anything about the finance program, sorry.

• Traktor123
    May 28, 2012
    7 posts

Okey I understand you have already been accepted, that is great! I will really try as well. I'm speaking with Mr. Xiao and I am about to send in my grades and the other application materials. Did you have to do an interview or something like that before getting accepted or did you only have to send in your papers?

• 孔慕凯
    May 28, 2012
    14 posts

No I just sent them in and he reviewed them. Then he send me some forms and I have to send them to Chinese Embassy to get my student Visa. Which major will you choose?

• João Rodrigues
    May 31, 2012
    2 posts

Hello! I'm a Portuguese student and I recently applied to «Discover SWUFE 2012», in which I was accepted.
    First of all, I would like to know if anyone as been accepted too.
    Second, and if yes, are there more information besides the Program endurance (1st - 15th July)? Like if it is it possible to arrive earlier, a detailed schedule, recommendations, etc.

I would really appreciate your help!

• rounakIndia
    June 2, 2012
    1 post

Hi Joao Rodridues, I m an Indian Student and I also have been accepted to Discover Swufe 2012.Nice to see students from other foreign countries.what information you have besides the program brochure about the program??

• João Rodrigues
    June 2, 2012
    2 posts

@rounakIndia: Namaste! It's nice, indeed. Besides the program brochure I have no further information. I would like to be 100% sure of the realization of this Program and also have a more detailed information about it, in order to start planing my trip; As time is getting shorter, it's becoming a really urgency!

• Leo Liu
    June 14, 2012
    1 post

Hi, guys! I'm Leo and study in SWUFE now! I hope I can help you.

@孔慕凯: Well~Finance is one of the best majors in SWUFE and in this major SWUFE always rank in TOP 5 among all of the universities in China. Additionally, the students who major in Finance in SWUFE enjoy very good reputations in the Financial Industry in China and you can find a lot of SWUFE's alumni among the famous persons in financial industry. Finally, I think you made a good choice~

@rounakIndia & João Rodrigues: Nice to see you guys! To be honest, I'm now applying for the volunteer in this program, unfortunately, I also don't have more informations, but if you still need now, I would like to help you to ask the staffs for more info~At last, WELCOME TO SWUFE!

• Yeming
    June 20, 2012
    50 posts

I have a question about visa issues. For all foreign language students who have come to Chengdu on a tourist visa and later changed it to a student visa, did you tell the embassy that you were going to obtain a student visa in China when you applied for a tourist visa ? Or did you just pretended to be a tourist ? :P

• Traktor123
    July 7, 2012
    7 posts

@Yeming

Are you sure that one can travel to China on a tourist visa and then change it to an x-visa? I heard that worked before but is impossible now so I'm going to get an x-visa straight away, which is a bit unnecessary if I could get a tourist visa and change it in China.

And Michael, I got accepted and I will study Finance at SWUFE starting in September!

• Yeming
    July 8, 2012
    50 posts

I recently got my tourist visa and will apply for a x visa in China. Sichuan University said they would help me applying for one. You're right about the fact that visa regulations have changed, not sure what the consequences are. So far i've only experienced that i needed more documents to apply for my tourist visa than i had to before (2010). I hope your wrong saying its impossible haha other wise i'm screwed...

• atta-kay
    July 15, 2012
    7 posts

i think SWUFE is the best university in southwest china and ranks among the best schools in china as a whole.i am Atta from Ghana,i just sent in the required documents that the school requested from me and within one month the school sent me the Jw202 forms and the admission letter for visa and i have received my visa and am now in china waiting for my semester to start.so i need more foreign friends to hangout with. my number is 15127396696

• Traktor123
    July 18, 2012
    7 posts

Hi Atta, will you study for a degree or will you do the language training course?

• atta-kay
    July 19, 2012
    7 posts

i think is nice having a friend like to read my post. am going to study degree programme.have receive your visa and other needed documents?.

• atta-kay
    July 19, 2012
    7 posts

traktor, how are you doing i hope you are fine. i am going to study degree programme. have you receive your visa and the other needed documents?

• Traktor123
    July 22, 2012
    7 posts

Hi atta, what degree will you study for? I have received everything from the school and i'll receive my visa next week! Have you?

• atta-kay
    July 22, 2012
    7 posts

i will be studying financial management and i had already received my x-visa and am in china now.

• Teacher Jerry
    July 25, 2012
    3 posts

Am Teacher Jerry, i want to Apply for my brother from Ghana, so i want to know if there is an application fee to pay?
    And also how much is the tuition for the Chinese Program for a year?

• Teacher Jerry
    July 25, 2012
    3 posts

Atta-Kay i will be calling you soon o.k am here in Chengdu working.Am also from Ghana. Are you in school now?

• atta-kay
    July 25, 2012
    7 posts

Teacher jerry, i did not pay any admission fee, but i will pay the admission and the school fees together upon my arrival in the school.Are you in Chengdu now? No, am at Beijing now,specifically at zhangjiakou and i will come to Chengdu on the 17th of august after i watch the match between Ghana and china on the 15th of august.About their Chinese studies the language fees is 13000-14000 for the full year studies but the accommodation is a little bit expensive.

• Teacher Jerry
    July 25, 2012
    3 posts

Atta Kay o.k thanks for your quick answer. am in Chengdu now and am in China for a year now. so which city will the Match be held? Can you also pay half of the fees when you arrived and pay the rest when the next semester begins?
    as for accommodation i will accommodate him in my house.

• atta-kay
    July 25, 2012
    7 posts

yes, but for the language students they can choose to study for 6months or 1 yrs if he chooses 6months than he can pay half but if he chooses the 1yr than he must pay all the fees,so i think he can choose the 6months.with the 6months the school will give him or her only 6months visa extension, i think you know that?.
    the match will be held in beijing the nest stadium. Are you living closer to the university?

• babygirlCC
    July 29, 2012
    1 post

Hey guys, I study Finance at SWUFE. Anything that I can help?

• 孔慕凯
    July 30, 2012
    14 posts

Sure, are you international student? What year are you in?
    Can you tell me about the difficulty of the classes I will be taking as a sophomore?

• 孔慕凯
    July 30, 2012
    14 posts

I just recently found out I am staying at the new Liulin campus. I am wondering if anyone knows about the location of this campus. It seems kind of far from Chengdu. Is the location good and what is the easiest way to get around? I am thinking of buying an electric bike and heard they cost about 2000 yuan.

• babygirltracy
    July 30, 2012
    7 posts

No, I am Chinese doing my master's degree at SWUFE and it's my second year in the fall. And I am also at Liulin campus which is kinda far from downtown. I usually take the school bus to get around. It takes about 40min to get to the old campus which is located at 2nd Ring Road in Chengdu, so basically downtown. I don't think there is a need to get an electric bike in here. If you insist, I suggest that you can buy a used bike when you get here.

Good luck

• overseas chinese
    August 2, 2012
    4 posts

I'm looking to enroll in the degree program and wondering if I won't be too old in the class. To those who be in the degree program (taught in English), around how old are you?

• 孔慕凯
    August 3, 2012
    14 posts

I am doing a degree program in english and I am 20 years old.

• atta-kay
    August 3, 2012
    7 posts

i think age shouldn't be a problem as far as you have the willing mind and heart to study.If i may ask, how old are you?And remember age is only a number.

• aidossodia
    August 4, 2012
    3 posts

Hello guys.. IS it late if i apply know???

• aidossodia
    August 4, 2012
    3 posts

is there any dealdline?

• 孔慕凯
    August 15, 2012
    14 posts

Someone told me they heard this university is very hard. Any students want to respond to that?

• SarahS
    June 6, 2013
    2 posts

Hello Chengdu! My husband and I are looking at the possibility of coming soon from Atlanta, Georgia, USA! We have a few questions if someone could help us: Which campus at SWUFE has the Chinese Language program? How much does it cost? The big question is can my husband get the student visa and I be under his visa as a dependent?? Any help would be appreciated!!

• Al the Dead
    June 6, 2013
    24 posts

Old one has it for sure, the cost is around 13-14k RMB (tuition only). You would definitely want a separate visa for yourself otherwise youre asking for trouble. Ask chengdu entry/exit office beforehand if you can get their contacts somehow :)
    孔慕凯 - finance - yeah, they value their reputation, so poor students in finance... :D At least from what i heard. Chinese is much softer for the 1st year but once you hit higher level it also becomes a pain.

• SteveT
    July 1, 2013
    1 post

I have heard you can't skype from china to the US...is that true? Are there alternatives to communicating besides skype? Phone would be so expensive....we have a son that will be studying at swufe in the fall

• Midget
    July 1, 2013
    11 posts

You can skype from China, but facebook, twitter, youtube and other websites are blocked.

• inès
    August 4, 2013
    2 posts

Hi Everyone, My name's Inès, I'm from Tunisia and I'll be attending SWUFE starting from this september! I'll be studying ( and living) in Liulin campus (Wenjiang).
    I want to know more about the university, the grading system...All that stuff! I'd love to know more people going there too! :)

Nice to meet you everyone!

• cgstrange
    August 6, 2013
    3 posts

I'm here in Chengdu on a tourist visa (been here since Dec'12) and am enrolling in the fall for a language class. The school said it'd be no problem to switch visas in-country. The downside of this is that you're paying for 2 visas. If you know you're coming over as a student and can get the visa before you come, it'll save you a bit of money.

I am here with my family and am only required to get a visa for myself, they will all be able to get extensions as dependents of mine. However, you must have all of your documents (marriage license, birth certificates, etc...) authenticated for the process to go smoothly.

Steve, you can Skype from here to the states (we're from TX), but like Midget said, most social networks are banned. I'd recommend you buy him a VPN service from the states before he comes. This way it will appear as though he's in the states and he'll be able to access all the social media, facetime, iMessage, Netflix, etc... They're usually about $80/year or less and are very nice to have. The only downside is that it'll decrease his internet speed a bit when it's on.

• invisible
    August 6, 2013
    1534 posts

i don't think you need a vpn for skyping

but if you're looking for a vpn check this thread
    http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/4802/vpn_recommendations

• Txufla
    August 27, 2013
    1 post

Hi! Inès
    I'm Ramon and stay in SWUFLE now. I'm from spain and i live now in Liulin campus, but i recomend you live in the other campus, because in Liulin you dont have nothing to do (if you want live the city) it's very far to the city center. The rooms in Liulin are newest but smallers than Guanghua campus. Don't scare of dirty rooms, you must clean a lot.

• inès
    September 6, 2013
    2 posts

Hi Ramon!
    Thank you for your answer! I'll stay in the Liulin campus too, because it's near where I'll be studying! I don't want to Wake up really early everyday to attend class :/
    What are you studying in SWUFE?

• freemefly
    September 6, 2013
    1 post

Hi! I wanna crash a class in chinese economic or finance. I don't need any education credits, hence i don't wanna pay for the class. Anyone in a economic, finance, or business class who can tell me the schedule for your class? It'll be great if you can even bring me there ;-) qq 1580479657

• kgfan
    September 15, 2013
    2 posts

My advise: don't touch this university! All my friends who study there said it was the worst decision they'd ever made.

• Judewise
    September 16, 2013
    3 posts

Helo everyone, thank you so much for sharing vital infos like with us. Am a Nigerian, i want to come and study International economics and trade or economics or any business management course that is taught in English in china. Contact me if you know of a school that is still giving degree admission now. You can get to me by email; Judefinder@gmail.com or +2348161789893. I want a direct link to the school direct aint ready to pay all those agent too much fees. Pls get back to me if you know of anyway to make my dream happen

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.