What happened in jellyfish

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 11 posts • NewestRSS

• tpbtpb
    August 6, 2012
    1 post

So.. bad things happened a while ago at the jellyfish bar. I'm talking about the bloody incident that happened a few days ago. Why did it happen and is there a possibility for it to happen again?

• amini
    August 6, 2012
    4 posts

what happened?i want to know some details about it.

• Ricos
    August 6, 2012
    5 posts

From what i heard four Tibetans (three men and a woman) ran in there armed with knives and started cutting more or less everything moving. I heard that a guy from Taiwan got sliced right over his face. There were LOTS of posts on Jellyfish's Weibo about this incident, but they deleted all of them right away.

Would be interesting to hear something from someone who actually was there.

• clayuk
    August 6, 2012
    120 posts

I also heard about this from a Chinese friend.

• amini
    August 7, 2012
    4 posts

i have a friend working there.i will ask him what happened

• Jellyfish - Amir
    August 7, 2012
    15 posts

Hey everyone
    As some of you might have heard, there was a violent incident at the Jellyfish last Thursday. Four Tibetans got really drunk and started a fight with another customer. The content of the fight is still unknown to us, but it's not really relivant or important who said what. No metter what was said, there's no reason for violence. The Tibetans got mad and out of control, hurt the guy and some others on the way.
    The 'victim' that got hurt most is our own bartender who is also not hurt very badly and is already asking us when can he get back to work:).
    The Police and authoroties are taking care of the case and trying to find the guys. As far as all of us are concered the event is over.
    For us in Jellyfish, such an event has never occured before, has totaly surprised us, and is hopefully never going to happen again. obviously, the trouble-makers are not welcomed again to Jellyfish and we are going to do everything we can to prevent things like this from happening, and making sure our guests feel safe and free to enjoy.
    So for conclusion, We would like to appologise to everyone for the inconvenience and hope we could all move on and back to having fun, drinking and dancing!
    Cheers
    Amir

• amini
    August 8, 2012
    4 posts

the "victim "is mike?i cant get through him these days .what happened to him?i am worried about him these days.i would like u to tell me if its him.thanks.

• Jellyfish - Amir
    August 9, 2012
    15 posts

Not sure who is mike, but everyone was only hurt lightly and by no means is unable to answer a phone.

• sisco
    August 14, 2012
    2 posts

Amir in your message you say violent incident, you mean to say, four dudes pulled out fuking CHUCK NORRIS BLADES, and started slapping anybody close to them in the head, while blocking the door for girls and guys not to escape, my mate hid behind the dj box, what ever happened I dont think 20 stitches in my face is worth a pint,

so what can you do to insure people's safety and to return,

1) BAN ALL CHUCK NORRIS SOLDIERS

2) Take some responsibility for peoples safety and install a few camera's so if you do wake up with your head cut off, police have at least a chance in hell,to catch who done this, personally I would not trust the outside cameras not be tampered with or destroyed by a "NOTHING TO SEE HERE PEOPLE" style scenario.

or you will need heavies and metal detectors..... NOT NEEDED, just get camera's

sorry to hear this, and people got hurt. not jellyfishes fault

p.s if a tibeten dude says drink,,,,,, DO IT !!!!

• Jellyfish - Amir
    August 14, 2012
    15 posts

Hey sisco.

Cams have been installed for more than six months now and recordings of the events from 3 different angles, including pretty clear visions of the faces, weapons and actions have been transferred to the police For their investigation.
    I have faith the police will now how to find these crazy trouble makers.

Again, I assure you, the four guys will never be allowed again in the bar, and so is anyone carrying knives.

And again, appologies to anyone who had to experience this event.

• sisco
    August 14, 2012
    2 posts

Hi Amir, thats great news, I didn't know there are cams installed, Im sure you can print there faces out, blow em up on posters, and then upload all footage on youtube and youku etc ..... that should help, expose them .... anyone using knifes and guns in my eyes is attempted murder

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.