Where to rent an apartment in Chengdu?

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 10 posts • NewestRSS

• Ladis
    August 9, 2012
    2 posts

Can you recommend an area where to rent family apartment in Chengdu?

I am going to move to Chengdu with my family in September and I have no idea where start searching for a good place to live.

My priority is a safe area with nice surroundings suitable for children.

• ELMNAF
    August 9, 2012
    5 posts

Yulin(玉林) is a really nice living area, small roads with green trees along its two sides. This area is a really highly-development area. It so functional. You can easily get an access to almost everything in this area, schools, hospitals, restaurants, parks and supermarkets.

You may need someone to help you to read the hand writing in the contrast of your apartment. And I am doing this.
    Feel free to contact me when you need more information: 495147215@qq.com

• c16548
    August 11, 2012
    4 posts

tong-zi-lin (桐梓林) is nice
    in the south of chengdu

• invisible
    August 24, 2012
    1533 posts

there is comprehensive article

IN THE 'HOOD going 'round the block part 1
    http://gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/2366/in_the_hood_going_round_the_block_part_1

IN THE 'HOOD going 'round the block part 2
    http://gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/2367/in_the_hood_going_round_the_block_part_2

i hope that helps

• hantalian02
    August 27, 2012
    2 posts

Singapore gardens
    Shanghai gardens
    Europe city
    Utopia

• Laurel
    August 28, 2012
    51 posts

We just recently moved into the Tongzilin area. We are an American family with younger children and wanted to have a good place for them. We looked at quite a few places and we ended up in Zi Zhu Yuan (Purple Bamboo Garden) which is quite close to the Carrefour supermarket. There are several foreign families here and in the surrounding apartment complexes. Many of the complexes have swimming pools and playgrounds, so a good idea would be to contact a realtor who could show you the types of places you are interested in. We wanted a larger apartment (4 beds/2 baths) but didn't want to pay too much. Our fully-furnished apartment is 150 meters and we pay 3,700 RMB per month. Some friends in this same complex have a 180 meter place and they pay 3,300 per month.

We really liked Utopia...it was absolutely gorgeous and the area in the middle was a great place for kids, but a 3 bedroom/2 bath place was 6,000 RMB per month. So, there is a big spread of what is available. Will you have help upon arrival from someone at your workplace? We were given a helper to assist us with our first week and she did so much to help us get things going. (start bank accounts, open cell phone plans, purchase appliances, etc.) She also knew a realtor and was able to coordinate with him on very short notice to show us places. It is good if you have some type of temporary housing (hotel, housing provided by employer, etc.) your first week or two so that you have time to look at a bunch of places.

I am happy to talk further if you have more questions about the Tongzilin area. I don't know Chengdu well just yet, but we are enjoying this area very much. Best, Laurel

• Ladis
    August 31, 2012
    2 posts

Thank you for all worth advices!
    One more question. Does exist websides where is possible to search those areas of Chengdu and also find photos?
    Can you recommend any www?

• Chengdu-Richard
    May 9, 2017
    5 posts

I have an apartment to let, located in Wuhou Garden, #18 Wu Hou Ci Heng Jie (武侯祠横街18武侯名园”) in Southwest of Chengdu, next to the Southwest University for Nationalities, close to Yi-Guan-Miao subway station, the Chengdu Book Center and Supermarkets. It ‘s on the 8th floor with elevator, 152㎡, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 2 living rooms, 1 big balcony for Laundry,

luxuriously furnished,

wood-floored,

3 air-conditioners.

You can rent the whole apartment at 4300 rmb/month, or rent part of it, both bedrooms are big, and have their independent showers and toilets, one is 1900 rmb/month, another is 2400 rmb/month, the price includes WIFI, apartment management fee and garbage disposal fee.

No pets, please.

Pls contact me:

rgguo@qq.com

13882173399 (Richard)

• ellymarble
    June 14, 2017
    1 post

Hi Guys

My housemate is leaving Chengdu for good
    I have a room to rent in a 2 bed room apartment located in Guangdu(3mins walk to the metro,Guangdu station and 10mins walk to Carrefour)
    In the south. close to Tianfu Software Park
    1100RMB++ per month.

Prefer English speaking only
    Available from June 15

Contact me if interested(or for more details)
    Wechat: 18280212484

• invisible
    July 21, 2017
    1533 posts

Now that the river bank construction is mostly concluded I'd suggest looking for apartments around Donghu/ East Lake and down the river South of Second Ring Road all the way to the High-techzone and Huayang. That is if you are looking for a place where you can relax daily in quiet green environment (at the river) or do running / biking.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.