halal food in chengdu

Posted in: Forums > Food & Drink • 13 posts • NewestRSS

• cleopatra
    January 23, 2013
    5 posts

this is for those who are new to CHENGDU.we had a big time looking out

for halal food here. so, this is why i would like to help others.
    in restaurants .
    1) THE SULTAN IS TURKISH, MIDDLE /EASTERN CUISINE SERVES HALAL FOOD .WHICH IS YUMMY,
    2)DUBAI SAFARI -ALSO SERVES MIDDLE EASTERN FOOD. HALAL.
    3)PETERS TEX MEX -MEXICAN FOOD. SERVES HALAL BURGERS ON REQUEST.
    4)TANDOOR -SERVES INDIAN CUISINE .HALAL
    5)CACAJA-INDIAN FOOD
    6)NAMASTE_INDIAN GOOD FOOD.
    7)DICOS - BURGER FAST FOOD CHAIN . CHICKEN HALAL BURGER.
    8) ANY SMALL XINGEN MUSLIM SHOP WHICH GIVES YOU HALAL CHINESE CUISINE.
    9)HUANGCHEN ISLAM RESTAURANT NEAR THE HUANGCHEN MOSQUE.,QINGYAN DISTRICT.

FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO BUY RAW HALAL MEAT.THERE IS METRO CASH AND CARRY. AT NO1 QINGJIANG ZHONG ROAD. which has only frozen halal section . chicken . lamb. and beef imported fron australia and new zealand . look out for the HALAL logo on the pack.it gives in 1 to 2 kg only.
    and to get FRESH CHICKEN . there is a place near the huangchen mosque at the TIANFU SQUARE . he opens only in the morning and shuts after 12.30 pm surprisingly.

• sam_31
    January 23, 2013
    1 post

Asslam Alaikum

Thanks for the info.
    How have you made sure that dicos chicken burger is Halal?

• cleopatra
    January 24, 2013
    5 posts

"NI MEN CHINGWEN QINZHEN CHIROU MA? "YOU ASK THIS BASIC CHINESE QUESTION? IN TONES.THIS MEANS DO YOU HAVE HALAL CHICKEN?
    YOU HAVE TO LEARN BASIC CHINESE.TO SURVIVE IN CHENGDU.
    GOOGLE TRANSLATE,ALWAYS COMES TO YOUR RESCUE IN TOUGH SITUATIONS.I HAVE BEEN TO DIFF OUTLETS TO CROSS CHECK AND THEY AGREED TO IT. THE BACK PAGE OF THE MENU IS HALAL.

• cleopatra
    January 24, 2013
    5 posts

GOING TO METRO SHOP, REQUIRES YOUR COMPANY LETTER,AND YOUR PASSPORT, THEN ONLYTHEY WILL ISSUE YOU A" METRO CARD.'

• Jozephine
    January 28, 2013
    20 posts

how about falafel, anyone? (with no meat ingredients whatsoever)

or is it a new post :)

• hapatofu
    January 29, 2013
    149 posts

There was a falafel stand run by some Israeli guys but it closed down only months after it opened, unfortunately. Otherwise the only choice for that is the Sultan. Maybe Safari has it too? I don't know.

• SadeqAmeenAbed
    January 29, 2013
    19 posts

thanks for the info, to add..if you want fresh halal beef, lamb or their organs (liver heart) right by Sultan restaurant there is a butcher shop that is halal..question to Cleopatra, dicos serves only halal Chicken burgers or everything? I mean the chicken wings and the drumsticks?

• cleopatra
    January 30, 2013
    5 posts

It is not a complete halal chicken fast food joint. I had specifically written only chicken burgers.thats it.

• ximba
    February 28, 2013
    1 post

salam
    您好DISCOS食品是清真的吗?,穆斯林吃这个吧
    i want t know that
    dicos food is halal all over china .can i eat all dicos chicken products?

• cleopatra
    March 1, 2013
    5 posts

I cannot guarantee you upon the whole of china. For i have`nt been. Nor asked abt this. It just happened that i asked dicos aat halal as a habit. And he said yes.

• SadeqAmeenAbed
    March 3, 2013
    19 posts

just be careful because they may use halal chicken but they still fry it in the same oil they fry other meat in...as long as the restaurant isn't fully halal, they can not really guarantee halal food

• ESLTEACHERTYLER1
    January 3, 2015
    1 post

Thanks for your information, it is much appreciated but I want to clarify 2 things :

Firstly, about TANDOOR ( The Indian Restaurant ) I have been to that restaurant after reading your reviews, I have asked all staff there if they serve Halal food, and they said NO.

I had a talk with the manager of Tandoor who told me that many workers here do not know and the restaurant serves Halal food, I have not seen any Halal logo there, though.

I asked the manager to show me the licence that allows him to sell Halal food, but he told me that he does not have any license to sell Halal food, however the food that the restaurant serves is Halal as we buy the meat from Halal place outside the restaurant ( Which is something did not make sense to me ) .

I went to the kitchen itself from inside asking the same manager to show me any Halal logo that should be printed on the meat packets if it Halal foor or meat , and I wanted to make sure if they really buy the meat from outside , but the manager kept saying " sorry sir, I can not , trust me" .

So, I do not think that Tandoor serves Halal Food.

Secondly, about DICOS they serve Halal Chicken on demand, that means you have to tell them I need Halal Chicken otherwise you will get the Non-Halal ones.

• knesebeck
    January 3, 2015
    12 posts

Halaal in Chengdu?

Why on earth?

Everything in this city/province is coated in a thick film of pork lard.

Welcome to Sichuan.

Bacon, alcohol and miniskirts.

Gotta love it.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.