Pollution again

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 4 posts • NewestRSS

• Aireline
    June 18, 2013
    106 posts

Is anyone else feeling particularly bummed out that it's become blindingly obvious that the factories in the surrounding areas stopped production during the Global Business Conference?

(that's a nice long sentence I can't be bothered to edit)

I wonder if the business leaders that came to the conference know even the weather was rigged for their benefit?
    Wasn't it great to see the blue skies? I was walking around saying to myself "Yeah, this is why I love chengdu!". It's slowly sinking in now that it was just another show to make things look better than they are.

I don't have much free time, can anyone recommend some good places that are close but without the shit in the air? Are there some parts of the city that are better than others?

• ynwa2001
    June 18, 2013
    14 posts

Hey, I feel you. This city is so polluted and dirty that it made the decision to leave easy for me. I have a newborn daughter and the filth that we breathe in every day here is scary. Did you read the news about them painting the grass green too? haha They will stop at nothing!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9907169/China-officials-caught-spray-painting-grass-green-in-Chengdu.html

Try heading out to snow mountain, ermeishan or qingcheng mountain. You might find the air better in the mountains.

• johnboy
    June 24, 2013
    41 posts

join the expat exodus...

• paweuj
    June 25, 2013
    1 post

That's an interesting point. However as I've heard, quite high contribution in polluting had the construction of the 2nd ring road, 2nd level. The global forum has finished and still air remains quite clean...

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.