ESL textbook for advanced middle school student

Posted in: Forums > Study • 2 posts • NewestRSS

• jay13
    November 5, 2013
    15 posts

Hi everyone,

I'm in a little bit of a bind and was wondering whether anyone here could give me some advice?

I have a 1-on-1 student, 11 years old and his English is quite advanced for Chinese - the best I've seen for his age.
    I'm having real trouble with finding a good ESL book that will be appropriate.

The last book we just worked through was kid's box 6 and it wasn't much of a challenge for him. I had to adapt the lessons quite a bit, just so he could learn something new. I've considered the most advanced book in a number of book series including: cambridge for young learners, superkids, my discovery island and more - none of which seems to be challenging enough.

I'm looking for something that will be both be challenging and interesting for a kid of his age. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

• Daithi
    November 5, 2013
    21 posts

Hiya

I dont have any book recommendations but I just wanted to say it is lovely to see someone taking their teaching so seriously....good for u! Could u perhaps print some stuff off the web or download some videos maybe?

Daithi

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.