What happened to creative writing meet up at The Bookworm?

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 5 posts • NewestRSS

• KateMogg
    February 2, 2014
    15 posts

Went down to The Bookworm on wednesday to check out the creative writing workshop and there was nothing happening! Its being advertised weekly on gochengdoo so im not sure if it was just spring festival or if it's no longer a thing. Anyone know?

• MrAlex
    February 3, 2014
    10 posts

Yeah, we're on break until the 12th. So if you come that night or any wednesday after that, there'll be a group. But so many people travel during the spring festival that there usually aren't enough people to conduct a proper meeting.

Hope this is informative.

• KateMogg
    February 4, 2014
    15 posts

Thanks, I look forward to meeting you then :) What is the format of the meetings? Do you have a theme or assigned topic?
    Cheers,
    kate

• MrAlex
    February 8, 2014
    10 posts

yeah, there's always a main work, or chopping block, from one author. That work is critique by the group. Then every week there are prompts sent out for everyone else, generally chosen by the previous week's chopping block author. Chopping block is usually longer, I think max of 10,000 words. Prompts are limited to 500 words, but apparently that's a loose limit lol. I'll message you the groups email, and you can introduce yourself via email to the group, and get this coming week's prompts and chopping block.

Take it easy!

Alex

• KateMogg
    February 10, 2014
    15 posts

Thanks Alex,

My e-mail is kategmogg@gmail.com

K

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.