Good Library or place to study

Posted in: Forums > Study • 7 posts • NewestRSS

• anna.85
    February 13, 2014
    6 posts

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone of you knows if one of the Universities in Chengdu or the City itself offers a good library to study in??

I know that the library of Southwestern Univ. of Finance and Economics is quite small and doesn't offer much tables ect., but for the rest I have no idea. Being at Starbucks or Maan coffee all the time seems to be the only option;)) - Would be cool if anyone knows!! Thank you :)

• EvangelineMeow
    February 13, 2014
    8 posts

Usually for library you need your student card,so I don't know.For concentrate your mind,I suggest you to find a cheap,not famous cafe,it helps.
    When I was at school,I usually go to a very small bookstore to read and do my assignments,you order a cup of coffee,you can read all books for free,they are mostly Chinese books,I don't know if it's fine,the atmosphere is quite good,you know,because no one wants to talk loudly in a bookstore!
    They have 2 other branches,the one I went to is:

地址金牛区交桂路54(近交大路)
    tel: 028-87620600
    54,Jiaogui street(near Jiao Da road),Jin Niu district
    the other new ones are,:
    this one I am thinking about going there recently because I haven't had a lot of time to read books since my internship starts.

地址青羊区上同仁路98
    tel: 028-86241806
    98,Shang Tongren road,Qing Yang district

地址金牛区蜀兴南街8号附1
    电话: 028-87520828
    8-1,Shu Xing South street,Jin Niu district.

• Maxxelli_
    April 15, 2014
    8 posts

Just go to Chengdu library, close to Renmin Park, No. 98 Wenweng Road, Qingyang District. 青羊区文翁路98. tel: 86130651

• west-china-go
    May 23, 2014
    4 posts

Jinjiang District Library is the best from my point of view.Situated in the center of the town,opposite Fraser Suite.Free Wifi and open space,nice sitting.
    www.westchinago.com

• invisible
    November 25, 2016
    1534 posts

There is a rumor that foreign residents would be able to borrow books at any library free of charge, is that true?

• HajarB
    March 10, 2017
    2 posts

Hello,
    I've been today to Jinjinag Library: I was surprised to know that it is not possible for me to borrow books.
    Also I didn't find as many books in English or French as I expected to, so I feel a bit disappointed about that.
    Does anyone please know another library where I can borrow books ?

• WildKid
    March 12, 2017
    20 posts

I'd second Maxelli's recommendation of the city library at 98 Wenweng Lu. Spacious, and you don't need ID to sit and read or work.

You can borrow books with a library card (500 yuan deposit). Their selection of English books is interesting: however, their cataloging system appears completely random, so you may have to just 'browse' the whole foreign language section to find the book you

want.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.