Tibetan Language Studies in Chengdu

Posted in: Forums > Study • 4 posts • NewestRSS

• phantompineapple
    March 5, 2014
    6 posts

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys had some ideas on studying Tibetan at some of the local unis. I know Southwest Minorities Uni does Tibetan language courses, anyone have comments on how the course went down or what the quality of teaching is like there? What about in Sichuan Uni? I studied there myself for a year and seem to remember there being Tibetan language classes... but am not sure.

Also, I am wondering if it is possibel to study Tibetan under a Chinese Gov Scholarship or Confucius Institute Scholarship. Has anyone tried that? Presumably you have to show up to 2/3 of Chinese classes and pass all exams to continue received the scholarship... or maybe even that doesn't matter?

Any ideas on all of this would be much appreciated!

Cheers!
    T

• tiafrommars
    June 11, 2014
    3 posts

hi, I am from SWUN, minorities uni. I heard that there is a free Tibetan course. Fisrt of all, which part Tibetan do u wanna learn? 3 kinds of Tibentan there. And i think if u wanna practice, you'd better find a language partner or meet some Tibetan friends to talk with. And if u need, I can introduce some Tibetan friends to u.

• tiafrommars
    June 11, 2014
    3 posts

hi, I am from SWUN, minorities uni. I heard that there is a free Tibetan course. Fisrt of all, which part Tibetan do u wanna learn? 3 kinds of Tibentan there. And i think if u wanna practice, you'd better find a language partner or meet some Tibetan friends to talk with. And if u need, I can introduce some Tibetan friends to u.

• norbu
    September 20, 2015
    1 post

Hello!

Tashi Delek!

I am Tibetan and

have rich experience in teaching Tibetan as well as English. I am certified as a CELTA teacher. I live in Chengdu. I can teach both language through on-line or in person.

please let me know If you'r interested in it.

Thanks

Contact me:

Email: norbu_smile@hotmail.com

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.