Multiple journeys on the Metro?

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 6 posts • NewestRSS

• Matt321
    March 21, 2014
    5 posts

I know that single journey's cost 2-4RMB each, but I wondered if its possible to get a ticket that allows you to get off at multiple stops e.g. from Tianfu Square and get off at Sichuan Gym, Hi Tech Zone and then Century City. Is it possible to get a multiple journey ticket or do you have to get a ticket for each single journey? Thanks

• nimbus
    March 23, 2014
    15 posts

you can buy a card at some convenience stores that you can load with money. you put money on it at the subway entrance, the girls at the booth before "security". just swipe and go...i'm not sure which stores to buy the cards at, ask a Chinese friend.

• hapatofu
    March 24, 2014
    149 posts

You can buy the passes at magazine kiosks for about RMB20 I think. Or you can find them at authorized pass sellers, but those are randomly scattered around the city, like at pharmacies and stuff. You might be able to purchase them at Hongqi supermarkets, which is where you can top them up. Here is an explanation of how they work:
    http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/2799/how_to_get_your_chengdu_metro_and_bus_pass

• Matt321
    March 25, 2014
    5 posts

Nice one thanks guys

• invisible
    March 26, 2014
    1534 posts

i thought you could buy the card at least at some major subway stations, although the locations may not too obvious at first sight.

• JudyLiumei
    March 29, 2014
    1 post

Yes, you can buy a card for what we local people called Gongjiaoka in Hongqi Chain stores at the cost of RMB20 and you can put money into it at Hongqi Chain stores too. Then with your swiping the card each time on the bus or at the entrance of the Subway, it offers you 50% or 20% discount of the original fee respectively.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.