Drinking responsibly

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 5 posts • NewestRSS

• Aireline
    May 30, 2014
    106 posts

Just saw the ad for Magma's Strawberry Festival after party and whilst I think drinking is great fun. Attempting 24 shots in five minutes is, (do I really need to say it?), stupid.

And then I read this article and concluded running that sort of competition is plain irresponsible.

http://www.hazelden.org/web/public/ade90201.page

• AlexKMG
    May 31, 2014
    142 posts

Yes, that ad is pretty irresponsible, probably criminal if someone dies or loses their liver from it.

• knesebeck
    June 1, 2014
    12 posts

I've never been to Magma, but I'm wondering if the shots are those 0.25-parts alcohol 3.75-parts green tea. That seems to be what most Chinese people take shots of.

If they are are real shots, I can only agree with you. Stupid.

• MrAlex
    June 2, 2014
    10 posts

I thought I was the only one this bothered so much. I am wechat friends with one of the promoters and told him 24 shots was a very dangerous thing for a person's health. He didn't respond.

Be safe out there everyone!

• mahalath
    June 3, 2014
    19 posts

It shocked me too. I don't know if it's still going, but if it is, they are going to have a death on their hands. I think it bothered me so much because there's probably a time in my life where I was foolish enough to take them up on the challenge.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.