Processing time for residence permit in CD

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 7 posts • NewestRSS

• basudin
    July 28, 2014
    27 posts

Anyone renewed their residence permit lately? Do they still keep your

passport in a drawer for 3 weeks before you can come pick it up?

• invisible
    July 28, 2014
    1534 posts

Should be 15 working days. But if necessary you could speed it up if you have a good reason. There may be paid express service in the future.

However you're now handed handed a temporary document that allows you to travel around including domestic flights. Only probablem is it runs out within exactly 15 working days so you're not able to travel after that date unless you trade it for your passport again.

• basudin
    July 28, 2014
    27 posts

Thanks, 15 days is far better than the three weeks they used last year! Need to visit the family, and while that temporary id sounds convenient I doubt it'll get me into the EU...

• RobertaM
    July 29, 2014
    15 posts

Yeah you won't be able to leave the country with that as it's more like a receipt. But if you're going to leave the country then you might want to look into other options...maybe there's a way that you can extend in your home country or get a waiver or extension on the current visa? I know that visa policy has changed this year but it's still a very 'mysterious' process as there's no real regulations that you can search for. I went to Chongqing to convert my Z visa to an L visa because I wanted to take a little vacation but when they handed me back my passport- I ended up getting a 2 year residence permit????

• basudin
    July 29, 2014
    27 posts

Sigh, I missed the key word *working days*, so still almost three weeks

regular service... Just came from PSB now, and they were really nice, if I came

back tomorrow with air tickets they were happy to speed things up for me.

2 year residence permit instead of a tourist visa?!! That's certainly nothing to complain about! How much did you have to pay? 800?

• RobertaM
    July 31, 2014
    15 posts

Yeah it was just 800...same price as regular.

• MrAlex
    August 1, 2014
    10 posts

I dunno if this is relevant, but I'm here on my student visa and my wait was three weeks, same as last year. When I complained about it (I get grumpy at that place) the lady behind the desk told me to show her a plane ticket and I could get it back sooner. I didn't have a ticket, so I had to wait all three weeks. But that's how it goes I guess.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.