Spread the warning to natives, foreigners basically everyone

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 4 posts • NewestRSS

• Delibeli
    September 30, 2014
    48 posts

Today near Ikea I witnessed a guy try to steal a girl’s handbag or the contents from it, I ran to warn her and two seconds later the police were on it, so they already knew thieves are about.

Please everyone be careful of your belongings and don’t assume you know what a ‘thief’ looks likes this particular guy was dressed incredibly well, he walked by me three times then turned around which is why I noticed him and he was so brazen in broad daylight, with so many people around and he was unbelievably quick a matter of seconds.

I know what it is like to be a victim of crime so just a warning to everyone take care and be vigilant.

• ProGolfer
    September 30, 2014
    11 posts

Good post.

I know some people who've been pick-pocketed recently.

These guys are pros.

Most of them are well-dressed, too.

Wearing long-sleeves-on-a-hot-day type of thing.

Avoid Chunxi Road - period.

They are not just minority kids like in the old days.

• MattC
    October 1, 2014
    21 posts

Had similar near that famous tourist street.
    Man followed us for a few metres and when I turned around he stopped and tried to look innocent. Not so professional if you ask me.

• invisible
    October 2, 2014
    1534 posts

Yes there are tons and tons of thieves out there and some are them extremely skilled. They've managed to steal my wallet that i had my hands on the whole time. I still don't know how they achieved it - so I almost got to the point where I respect their skill so much that they almost deserve the cash:). On the other hand they could also get into some honest handcraft trade. Yes Chunxi Lu is their HQ - and they work in gangs of course. So even if you've caught someone in the act it may be hard to catch them/ avoid violent confrontation. Don't count on police.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.