Italian girl looking for a part-time job

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 7 posts • NewestRSS

• Giada 小玉
    January 14, 2015
    2 posts

Hi everyone!
    This is my first post here! I'm an Italian girl and I'm about to move to Chengdu to study at Sichuan University (Chinese Language Program) for the next semester.
    Here's the question: I would like to get a part-time job while I study, just in order to help my finances, hehe! Besides I got from my last experiences (I have studied also in Chongqing two years ago) that if I have a student type visa I could just search for small jobs, and most of the time they are not legally permitted. So, how's about Chengdu? Is here anyone from Sichuan University who can help me ? Thanks xoxo :)

• Ticalisoul
    January 20, 2015
    12 posts

Hey, you didn't hear this from me, but some local establishments pay cash salaries, so you don't necessarily need a work visa to work. Just be smart and take every job offer with a grain of salt, because some are scams and others will back out of their verbal "contract" without a second's hesitation.

• Tigerman
    January 20, 2015
    25 posts

Didn't hear this from me, but from things I've heard, the city that your moving to is more lax on this than the one that you're most familiar with.

• Festivez
    January 21, 2015
    2 posts

Hi dear,you better talk with your classmates or roommates when you come to Chengdu. These are people you should trust, and well generally they can help. Otherwise, if they don't have a clue then you can contact me at li.ho-chan@yandex.com

Good luck!

• Giada 小玉
    January 22, 2015
    2 posts

Thank you all for these tips!
    And thank you Festivez for giving me your email! :)

• Dragon Expeditions
    January 25, 2015
    174 posts

You can legally work as a student so long as you have permission from both your university and your employer to do so and the PSB endorses your visa for this. There are supposed to be additional guidelines about what sort of jobs are permitted, but as yet these haven't been implemented in Chengdu and so it seems that for now anything goes.

There's still lots of cash in hand employment to be had if you don't mind going down that route. If you want to stay in China long term then be aware you won't be able to use this on your CV as relevant experience when you apply for a visa for full time employment.

• RoRoJiao
    January 30, 2015
    7 posts

hi, 小玉, I am Reid, you can mail to me, I would like to help you~
    rorojiao@gmail.com
    I have a small game company located in TianFu softpark, and most of my friends may give you job opportunity.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.