Living in Wenjiang

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 5 posts • NewestRSS

• amaleki
    February 28, 2015
    5 posts

Hey guys,

I'm studying at SWUFE and I recently got an apartment in Wenjiang. I'm really new to China, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice or tips about the district.

1) What are some good bars or clubs that I should check out?

2) Is there a market where I can buy clothes or food for cheap? I

recently left Qianjiang and all I saw were the high end/western shops around Chunxi Road

3) Are there any local places you really recommend I check out?

4) Is there anything I should avoid?

I really appreciate the help, all of this travelling for the first time tends to get a little overwhelming.

• MattC
    March 1, 2015
    21 posts

Have a wander about.
    Anywhere full with locals is usually the recommended place.
    You'll likely stumble on the market too.

All the best bars/clubs will be in chengdu. Unless you want the chinese bar/club vibe.

• invisible
    March 1, 2015
    1534 posts

some answers you may find in this thread

http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/3700/living_in_wenjiang

• florent
    March 4, 2015
    2 posts

hi amaleki,

I'm also a SWUFE student and i'm livingin wenjiang for 6 months now.

If you need some tips, do not hesitate to contact me!

Wechat: 00336154612375

see you.

• ProGolfer
    March 5, 2015
    11 posts

I suppose Wenjiang would have quite a few bars and things based on its five colleges.

Mind you, they would be local bars, which means no bar at all, pitch black - save the the whippersnappin' disco lasers - with blaring pop music and being empty 95% of the time.

Southern China is woefully inferior to Northern China's drinking/bar culture, where they have performances, beauty contests, monkey king impersonators, acrobats, drinking competitions, midgets, comedians, hostesses and anything else that can battle the frigid winters.

Around here, people are more likely to sit around in a teahouse for 10 hours of wall staring.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.