Does sichuan university have a degree in Chinese language?

Posted in: Forums > Study • 3 posts • NewestRSS

  • Shaggydog
    March 21, 2015
    2 posts

    I spent a few months in Chengdu as a tourist and now I'd like to go back as a student. I have not gone to college yet.

    I briefly met someone in Chengdu who had studied for two years at the Southwest Unv for nationalities then transferred to Sichuan University to finish their degree.

    Now that I'm in America and looking for it online, I can't find it. I can only find certificates. I don't want a certificate, I need to get a BA degree!

    Does SCU have a BA in Chinese language for foreigners or not? If I went to Minda (SWUN) for a year or two, could I really transfer to Sichuan Unv to finish my degree?


  • invisible
    March 23, 2015
    1534 posts

    Sichuan University does have a degree program (afaik SWUN does too). Here are two interviews with two foreigners who tortured themselves for more than 4 years to get it

    I don't know if a uni transfer would be possible, it would make sense to go to the university and talk to someone in the administration (as rules may change every now and then). But even better would be to check the unis first and find the one you like

    thread about Sichuan university experience

    another option would be SWUFE


    I'd say go to some classes and check how you like them, it's also possible that you don't like the way they are teaching here and you're better off searching for other ways to learn the language.

    The SCU degree program is tough and mostly boring (i think more than 90% drop out at one point), besides after that you have a degree in Chinese which is by itself does not land you anything you'd need another degree or work experience to land a job if you don't want to start as an intern.

  • Shaggydog
    March 25, 2015
    2 posts

    Thanks so much for the info and links!

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.