student visa question

Posted in: Forums > Study • 5 posts • NewestRSS

  • corygo
    August 26, 2015
    78 posts


    I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience changing to a student visa.

    I am currently on a marriage visa and I'm trying to enroll in a language program at a local university.

    According to the uni, I cannot attend with a marriage visa and they want me to change to their student visa.

    Does anyone know if I have to leave China to change the visa?

    Any info would be appreciated :-)

  • ThatGuyOverThere
    August 28, 2015
    6 posts

    Hey there. I know you don't need to leave the country to transfer to a student visa (at least I didn't) but I'm not sure if the rules would be different for a marriage visa.

    I know work to student, business to student, and tourist to student is OK though.

    Hope that helps.

  • corygo
    August 30, 2015
    78 posts


  • basudin
    October 29, 2015
    27 posts

    That sounds absurd, I would ask a different university (or three) before even considering changing a marriage visa/residence permit...

  • invisible
    October 29, 2015
    1534 posts

    Credo quia absurdum

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.