Chinese Police Clearance Certificate

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 3 posts • NewestRSS

  • laurasian
    November 24, 2015
    1 post

    Hi everyone,

    My name is Laura and I lived to China for two years, one year in Chengdu and one year in Ningbo. I am in the process of applying for an Australian visa, but need to get a police certificate from Chengdu. I am having such a nightmare trying to get this, is there anyone that has done it before and could let me know exactly how it's done?

    Many thanks!

  • knesebeck
    November 25, 2015
    12 posts

    You'll have to provide more info:

    -Where are you?

    Which Australian Consulate are you applying at?
    -Are you Chinese?


    -Is the police certificate simply a registration of residence, or something other?

    If you are a foreign person now in Chengdu looking for this clearance paper, then you need to go to your local neighborhood police station (bring a Chinese friend).

    After being pointed across town several times and over the course of several days, you will probably get what you need.

  • Pete_Z
    January 16, 2019
    1 post

    Either you or a representative must make the application in person at Chengdu Notary Office. The required documents include passports, temporary residence registration forms and employer/ school letter confirming no conviction and employer/ school contact card (涉外单位联系卡). Let me know if you need help with applying for a PCC in Chengdu. See our contact information at

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.