Shopping in Chengdu

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 6 posts • NewestRSS

• SichuanLondoner
    March 22, 2017
    5 posts

Hi all,

Im new to Chengdu and I am trying to find somewhere to buy some clothes, shoes, jeans etc... I know Chunxi road is a good place to start but I am worried it is a overpriced tourist shopping area (like Oxford Street in London or Champs Elysee in Paris) , I have already been to the New Century global centre which is way over priced. I'm looking for reasonably priced Nike, Adidas , New Balance etc... shops/shopping mall

Any help appreciated!

• StephanieZhou
    March 24, 2017
    11 posts

Where do you live? There are malls close to global center, like Kaide Plaza, Raffle's City, and even in the south there is Yintaicheng.

• Helenhe412
    March 28, 2017
    2 posts

hello ,add my wechat , i am chinese and i am going to buy clothes and shoes too ,we can be together wechat 15765212562

• invisible
    March 28, 2017
    1534 posts

You already went to the two most popular shopping areas, and of course you shouldn't expect bargain prices considering the hilarious rent shops pay there. If you are desperate you could give Galleria another try next to Ikea (South Railway Station subway station).

But due to its isolated geography and far distance from borders there is actually little variety of products and prices are relatively high (compared to Kunming or Guangzhou for example).

As debated previously Uniqlo seems to the common sense choice other than buying online on taobao (or abroad).

An article on the topic

http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/blog/item/2146/i_stopped_buying_clothes_if_the_shoe_fits_wear_it_but_it_probably_wont

• SichuanLondoner
    March 30, 2017
    5 posts

thanks guys, where is the best/ biggest Uniqlo shop in the city? (preferably on line 1 as I live and work on line 1)

• invisible
    March 31, 2017
    1534 posts

The Uniqulo in global center should be ok, the one in Galleria is small and quickly runs out of everything, and there is another one at line 1 at Wanda North (Renminanlu North?). But if you're looking for certain sizes or bargains you have higher chance at the shops off the main focus points.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.