Catholic or Orthodox Church?

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 4 posts • NewestRSS

• Yyz2112
    April 1, 2017
    1 post

Are there any Catholic Churches with an Orthodox Church with English Service?

• invisible
    April 5, 2017
    1527 posts

http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/5115/english_churches

• sunnyday
    May 4, 2017
    2 posts

Chengdu has a public (Three-Self) Catholic Church on the corner of Xihuamenjie 西华门街 and Ping'an Xiang 平安巷, very near Tianfu Square (Donghuamen Street is on the east of it, Xihuamen on the west, running north). I don't know if it has an English service, and it's not Eastern Orthodox but they might know where a group that is would be. Everyone is extremely friendly there, I went there for some months before switching to a Protestant church, because I didn't want to get rebaptized. I remember the time there fondly though.

• sunnyday
    May 25, 2017
    2 posts

Hi Jingle, I know of three public Protestant churches in Chengdu, one is Shangxiang Tang on Shuncheng Da Jie 219 Hao (顺城大街), again near Tianfu Square, a second En Guang Tang at Si Sheng Ci Bei Jie 17 Hao Fu 2 四圣祠北街17号附2, and the third is sort of public, email me with your email for that (I still have to find the address for that one too). I don't know if any of them have English services, but maybe you don't need it.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.