International schools in Chengdu info needed

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 4 posts • NewestRSS

• greencrew
    July 1, 2018
    1 post

HI,
    I would like to hear from parents who send their kids to International schools in Chengdu.

I have 16, 12, 9 year old.

I have heard of Leman, QSI and CDIS but I have not heard about personal reviews on these schools or any other International schools.

Thank you for your input.

• Check
    July 11, 2018
    2 posts

I know CDIS only

• galway girl
    October 6, 2018
    1 post

CISCD would be a good choice

• Funty
    October 6, 2018
    4 posts

Leman, QSI and CDIS are the international schools catering for students holding foreign passports. These are probably the best options. I've heard good things about Lemans and QSI but don't expect them to be fantastic.

Other "international" schools such as Meishi, Beanstalk, Confucius (CISCD), Oxford International or Malvern College are squarely aimed at the Chinese education market, and, my god, there is an strong emphasis on "market" rather than "education". The only other foreign students at these type of schools are likely to be the children of staff. There are conscientious and experienced teachers at all these "Chinese International" schools I think it wouldn't be appropriate for a non-Chinese student as some of the arts, History and English literature are not often provided.

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.