<![CDATA[Need good visa rule advice please]]> http://www.gochengdoo.com <![CDATA[Need good visa rule advice please - Post by Delibeli]]> http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/7060/need_good_visa_rule_advice_please#29822
I have been living and working in China for 5 years on the same type of work visa (Z) for 5 consecutive years, so does that mean that I must leave China after my employment contract expires? I really do not want to leave due to settling down here, so legally are there any possible ways to stay?

My second question is a colleague is in a similar position he is now on his 4rth Z visa and next year will be on his 5th and also doesn't want to leave due to many factors. He has an idea that next year he will leave his job and go onto studying full time in China, the University will change his visa into a student visa (X) which will then give him a year out, and after his study year he will return to work and apply for a Z visa, is he then able to stay for another 5 years?

Personally it would be difficult to leave because for me it took so long to find a healthy balance living and working in China and the thought of leaving it behind to start again is rather depressing. The trials and tribulations of visas in China, if anyone can offer any advice or possible solutions that would be very much appreciated.]]>
Sat, 28 Sep 2013 13:14:00 +0000 http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/7060/need_good_visa_rule_advice_please#29822
<![CDATA[Need good visa rule advice please - Post by sanxingdui]]> http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/7060/need_good_visa_rule_advice_please#29823
I always find, that if you tell them what you want to do, they will help you find the best way to solve your problem, within the regulations and the law.]]>
Sat, 28 Sep 2013 14:37:40 +0000 http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/7060/need_good_visa_rule_advice_please#29823
<![CDATA[Need good visa rule advice please - Post by Delibeli]]> http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/7060/need_good_visa_rule_advice_please#29841
In the past I did meet someone who worked at the PSB who just said 'you need to leave after 5 years' without any explanation, which is one of the reasons I thought I could at least try and get some information before embarking on a visit down to the PSB office.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed.]]>
Wed, 02 Oct 2013 11:29:46 +0000 http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/7060/need_good_visa_rule_advice_please#29841
<![CDATA[Need good visa rule advice please - Post by Wisedragon]]> http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/7060/need_good_visa_rule_advice_please#29854 Several in my city had to leave and all are still in China. 2 plan to return to Sichuan.]]> Fri, 04 Oct 2013 11:47:44 +0000 http://www.gochengdoo.com/en/forums/thread/7060/need_good_visa_rule_advice_please#29854