Date registered: April 19, 2014
Send FYZ2207 a Private Message
Hi there, Canadian guy of Chinese descent (30 yrs old) here looking for a travel bud or two for a trip to Australia beginning the end of September for 2 or 3 weeks. It's going to be a self guided tour for the most part, I understand this is the Sichuan travel section but thought I'd give it a try. If anyone happens to be going there and interested, please let me know and we'll figure out the fun details. Thanks!
A-ONE elementary school & kindergarten (formerly known as Era School) is currently looking for full time native English speaking teachers to join our team.
About our school:
1. We have been around since 2000, campus size as large as 23 acres, with lots of green coverage and open space.
2. Students are mostly from gainfully employed local families with steady income and decent education background, age range 2-6 kindergarten, 6-12 elementary school.
3. Located right off the entrance to Shuangliu Airport.
4. Class size from 15-35 kids, duration from 10-40 minutes per class, depending on the level.
1. Native English speakers under 40 years of age.
2. College degree or above, teaching qualifications preferred.
3. Patient with kids, as this is not a junior high or high school, experience teaching small children is a great asset.
4. Good communication skills and friendly attitude. Our school is like a community where everyone including our staff, teachers, students and parents talks to each other, we don't want ANYONE to be left out! We have staff members and English teachers who speak excellent English in case your Mandarin is not good enough to communicate in.
5. Stay with our school for at least one semester (=4 months).
What we offer:
1. All inclusive, free on-campus housing, utilities, meals, wifi, etc., or you can commute to school which is a bit out of the way especially if you live in downtown.
2. Salary wise, 7000-8000 RMB a month, depending on your credentials, as well as travel benefits and such. We understand you are not going to make a fortune out of this but we are not your typical average local school or institution. If you are looking for a different teaching experience in Chengdu, this is it.
How to apply:
If interested, please send me a message to arrange a visit to our school. In the meantime, please check out our website eraschool.com for more info.
Well it is what it is here, people's mentality is still catching up to that of more developed countries, just keep fingers crossed it will change at some point.
@long ai gu
You know you can go back to wherever you crawled out of. This is not an immigrant country with a long history of diversity and multiculturalism, you are not required to stay for an extended period of time cuz everyone knows you are not going to attain permanent residency let alone citizenship... so why stay? I wonder how much of a loser one has to be to get stuck in a foreign country he dislikes for 12 years when he has the luxury of going back home, unless his own country disowned him? Yeah keep up that attitude and you'll burn out in no time.
I'm slightly embarrassed this came from a fellow Canadian, but I hope other Canadians in Chengdu don't feel this way, I certainly don't.